• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Old Bear

Greyman Apprentice
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 19, 2016
    Newton County
    drained the fuel out of the genny and replaced it with ethanol free gas and stabil. Topped of the tractors with winter grade diesel and put the battery tenders on them. Made some heavy duty benches and a shelf in the garage for tool storage and work space.

Last edited:

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Fresh fuel and stabil. All oil changed. Fired up the snowthrower. Worked on ammo can storage and organization.

Last edited:

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Went through all of my ammo and got everything I had cans for in cans with desiccant and indicators and labeled. Then ordered more cans/desiccant/indicators for the rest. Cleaned and oiled up all of the carry rigs and put the freshest ammo I have in all the carry mags. Started setting up an actual range bag too.

Basically just spent a good Saturday surrounded by firearms "things". It was delightful, but I discovered I have way less in some calibers than I thought I did. Awful time to find out. :(

Next comes mag organization and storage!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Ordered spares. Spring and pin kits for the 1911's and the AR's. Just because.
    Cleaning and lubrication for same.
    Barrel patches.
    2 new brass brushes.
    Replaced and added to the tools.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Found 6 oiled/packaged Hi-Power mags sitting in a box i forgot i bought with my K98 bayonet and scabbard (caked in cosmoline), ya still need to do that. I think I'll store the mags as is (unless you know something I don't know) because I have enough mec-gar mags.

20201122-211912.jpg

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    Cleaned, inspected, oiled all the high dollar PDWs. Embarrassed to say it has been a minute, happy to report all were without rust and adequately lubricated except for one. That has been remedied.

Bought a battery tender for the genny. Took advantage of the DJT gas prices and cycled the bug out supplies.

Really wanted to harvest firewood this weekend but the weather kept us in. There are spots on the trails that just make hauling out an 800 lb load of wood dicey.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Just wiped down and inspected my recent shipment of surplus ammo cans. I gotta say these are probably the nicest ones I've ever seen that aren't flat out new. Slight dings and scratches, but nothing heavy at all. Seem to be from the last 20 years and not Vietnam era at least. Got lucky on eBay for once.

I have no way of knowing if they would all look as nice as mine, but the seller is recontacticalsupply. Skinnies came in at about $13/ea and fat boys at $17/ea, shipped to my door.

kaveman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 13, 2014
    La Porte
    Still putting up my own 'survival buckets' at about ten percent the cost. Ran up Wednesday for buckets,.....$70 for 80 4gal buckets with sealed lids. On the way home stopped and grabbed 240lb rice,......$72, and 40lb Cream-o-Wheat that was cheap,......$20. Already had bags of split pea and jars of clarified butter along with spices for the rice so put up about two dozen buckets of food(more than two yrs worth)for about $200. No doubt that's 'boring' food, but it's true 'emergency rations' and well augmented with other types of food. Very little meat though,.....protein almost has to come from beans and peas for ease of storage and economic reasons. A dollar will buy you 2000cal of plant based protein,.....or 100-200cal of canned meats(tuna or 'mystery meat'). I'd rather eat peas/beans/nuts.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Trained with the guys and we all saw our first squib load with our own eyes. That some spooky stuff. All of us there have shot our whole lives, fired uncountable numbers of rounds in our lives and had never seen one with our own eyes. One of the guys went up to the line and was working through a drill and it sounded like a 22lr went off and not his 9mm. Those of us waiting our turn kinda looked at each other with that WTH look and started hollering cease fire. The guy did a tap, rack, bang and the next round had chambered even with a pile of unburnt powder in the chamber. The bullet had gone just far enough into the rifling that another round could chamber. He was able to tap it out with a cleaning rod, but he was moments away from having a hand grenade an arms length from his face.

Tested a couple of items I'd have normally laughed at. There's some airsoft flash bang, and pellet grenades that are true pull pin and surprisingly affordable and fairly effective. They are both very noisy and would be a shock. I didn't have high hopes, but when I see a pull pin product on the market that's legal for civilians I feel morally obligated to investigate it. One of them blew a small hole on the ground if that gives any indication of the amount of pop that they had.

Had a discussion on chest seals with a combat medic. I really need to get myself squared away on medical beyond a TQ and pressure bandage.

Otherwise, ran drills with the home defense 12ga pump, G19 and AR.

kaveman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 13, 2014
    La Porte
    Saw that once before at an unorganized(disorganized?)MG shoot. Guy was up at the line with a .44Mag Super Blackhawk. BOOM! BOOM! Piff. Drew the hammer back for another round,.......CEASE FIRE!! CEASE FIRE!! DON'T DROP THAT HAMMER! Same thing,......bullet propelled just far enough into the bore by the primer to let the cylinder turn. Guy couldn't figure out what I was yelling about. Only reason that I recognized it so quickly is that I had tried loading 296 powder in a .44Mag with standard primers and had seen it myself. Primer melts the powder and turns it a bit yellow but doesn't set it off. Yup, he'd loaded 296.

And I guess my preps for this week will be body armor. Made the mistake of clicking on a nutnfancy vid review of a Gfire plate carrier. Appears to be a rebrand of the Condor MOPC which is a well reviewed lower end carrier I'd tried to bargain m way into a couple of years ago. Anyway, this is same same for about $70 so I just did it. Ordered from A'zon. Then went looking for soft panels since I don't know any better and ordered a couple of 11x14 sets from Botach. I bought a IIIA from them earlier this year so I'm aware that it'll probably be months before I receive my order,......but I can take the panels from the vest I bought earlier and put them in this new carrier in the meantime. Bought two pair since I do have a couple of surplus French carriers I'd like to eventually set up. All together Nutn's vid cost me about $500,....par for the course.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMtDV27Wyfk

Carrier and Botach plates are linked below the vid.

Last edited:

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Still putting up my own 'survival buckets' at about ten percent the cost. Ran up Wednesday for buckets,.....$70 for 80 4gal buckets with sealed lids. On the way home stopped and grabbed 240lb rice,......$72, and 40lb Cream-o-Wheat that was cheap,......$20. Already had bags of split pea and jars of clarified butter along with spices for the rice so put up about two dozen buckets of food(more than two yrs worth)for about $200. No doubt that's 'boring' food, but it's true 'emergency rations' and well augmented with other types of food. Very little meat though,.....protein almost has to come from beans and peas for ease of storage and economic reasons. A dollar will buy you 2000cal of plant based protein,.....or 100-200cal of canned meats(tuna or 'mystery meat'). I'd rather eat peas/beans/nuts.

Nice work. I had a bunch of rice stored away at one point (a bunch for me is about 10 lbs.) but I've rotated through it without replacing it so I need to get a new batch.

Where did you get the buckets? I don't need 80, but I wouldn't mind having 10 or so put up.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Seyboldbryan
    Top Bottom