• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • baranjhn

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 8, 2021
    Lafayette
    Prices are definitely up for used shotguns! It's combination of new shooters, covid and politics. Fact of the matter is that a good pump shotgun will always be the benchmark for home security. Especially for the new gun owner or the gun owner who only wants one gun and has no desire for CCW.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Yeah, reckon they oughta be.

But about shotguns, that's what old well hunted and scarred up J.C.Higgins, Sears & Roebuck, Montgomery Wards and such shotguns were good for. For buying cheap and sticking in a bench vise for a handy man hack saw improvement.
    That brought Randy Weaver a whole world of trouble and a dead wife :nono:

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    That's incorrect or at least incomplete.
    Weaver cut a barrel slightly too short and he did so at the behest of someone seeking to induce Weaver to commit a prosecutable offense so that he could be manipulated thereafter. From there the op went south and someone made the decision to start killing innocent people. Reducing the length of the barrel was not a prohibited act. Cutting the barrel (or the overall length) shorter than the law allowed was prohibited.

When someone wants a shorter rifle or shotgun it isn't illegal to make it shorter. You just have to not make it shorter than the law allows. In the 80's I worked with a fellow from the northwest who hunted with an eighteen inch barreled 30-06 using 220 grain bullets. Thick timber and thick bushes and game with heavy body mass dictated his choices. In a similar manner people who want a shotgun that is more easily maneuverable in the close confines of home or vehicle often choose one of those factory made riot guns. But they could have had the same thing for half the money with pulling the wooden dowel rod out of the magazine of a 1970's duck gun, a hack saw and a can of spray paint.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    That's incorrect or at least incomplete.
    Weaver cut a barrel slightly too short and he did so at the behest of someone seeking to induce Weaver to commit a prosecutable offense so that he could be manipulated thereafter. From there the op went south and someone made the decision to start killing innocent people. Reducing the length of the barrel was not a prohibited act. Cutting the barrel (or the overall length) shorter than the law allowed was prohibited.

When someone wants a shorter rifle or shotgun it isn't illegal to make it shorter. You just have to not make it shorter than the law allows. In the 80's I worked with a fellow from the northwest who hunted with an eighteen inch barreled 30-06 using 220 grain bullets. Thick timber and thick bushes and game with heavy body mass dictated his choices. In a similar manner people who want a shotgun that is more easily maneuverable in the close confines of home or vehicle often choose one of those factory made riot guns. But they could have had the same thing for half the money with pulling the wooden dowel rod out of the magazine of a 1970's duck gun, a hack saw and a can of spray paint.
    Agreed, and I am well aware of the particulars of Ruby Ridge. If he pre-deceases me, I will fly to Hawaii just to p*** on Lon Horiuchi's grave

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    Yes, been looking at another 870.....dayum....saw 2 at the national gun day, $650 each....he wouldn't trade my single shot shotgun, and my inline muzzleloader.... or even the High Point Yeet cannon for boot......guess he didn't like my looks.......

99zhuggerz99

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 25, 2008
    McCordsville
    I wish I had bought more years ago. Prices went up after the SBS was cleared, up even more with ‘rona, up even more with election.

the last wingmaster I bought used was for $250 (it needed some love). Wish I could do that once or twice more.

870P has always been higher, but current is well above my pay grade.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    To clarify, you don’t need to aim shotguns as the racking noise strikes a fear so deep into the souls of would be foes that they immediately retreat and tell their friends that “you are not to be messed with”.
    Oh, you were serious? Lol. Don’t take ribbing personal, guys are going to have a bit of fun with it.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    870 Police and 590A1s commonly for $1000+ now on Gunbroker.

I always viewed pump shotguns as "safe" in terms of being one of the last things threatened by possible legislation.

What has caused shotguns to soar in price? I know everything is up somewhat, but the examples above are double almost triple priced.

I acknowledge these may be asking prices, not getting prices. I need to check Gunbuyer etc to see if the Gunbroker prices are connected to reality.

Prices were affected by those voting for executives bent on infringements of the natural right to defense.

peterock

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.2%
    25   1   0
    Jun 24, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Oh, you were serious? Lol. Don’t take ribbing personal, guys are going to have a bit of fun with it.
    No, not at all. I like furthering the old gun wives tales from past generations and making sure the legends live on via the internet.

I carry a single stack .45 because it only takes one bullet....

Rong

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    NE Indiana
    Remington production should be ramping up while we speak! Starting with the 870! I think shotguns prices and ammo will also be the first to come back to "normal".

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    I sure hope so. The Kokomo Rural King used to let me buy cases of 00buck or 4buck but now I am limited to (4) boxes of Wolf.
    Speaking of shotties, I buy the No More Kick cheek protectors for all my scatterguns after I had my total shoulder replacement along with Sorbothane recoil pads. Makes a huge difference for my arthritic skeleton.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    #1. A lot of new gun enthusiasts have no idea what gun prices were like pre-COVID
    #2. COVID bonus checks.

Top Bottom