• Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Are they good revolvers?
    I did/do like mine. It seems to have held up well, all factory loads. No +P, but a few cylinders of self defense stuff. Probably shot a few hundred times to familiarize myself with it. I carried it for a year or two. It saw some harsh conditions, I got it because it was stainless. And a 3 inch bbl. And at the time I worked in some really bad stuff that would destroy a blue steel gun.

After a while I/we became more financially secure and I moved on to my beloved blue steel Smith and Wessons. It got moved to the hidey spot where it has been for several decades.

To add, at the time I didn’t shot as much as I did in later years. So I can only speak to the amount of time I shot it on a regular basis. At the very very most it’s seen 500 rounds. Probably closer to 400, that was a long time ago.

SmolderOutdoors

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Westfield
    Started stacking parts for my .300blk suppressed sbr build. Q trash panda suppressor is currently in jail on a form 4. Waiting on 2024 ingo lowers to be built to get the form 1 submitted.

Last week- Eotech xps2, Magpul stock, Magpul moe k2 grip, Magpul enhanced trigger guard (all ODG)
    This week- bcg, ambi charging handle, LPK, trigger

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    Started stacking parts for my .300blk suppressed sbr build. Q trash panda suppressor is currently in jail on a form 4. Waiting on 2024 ingo lowers to be built to get the form 1 submitted.

Last week- Eotech xps2, Magpul stock, Magpul moe k2 grip, Magpul enhanced trigger guard (all ODG)
    This week- bcg, ambi charging handle, LPK, trigger
    Make sure you've got compatible magazines. Not all 5.56 mags work well with .300 Blackout, especially the heavier sub-sonic.

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    This Primary Arms 3x magnifier with ranging reticle and a flip up mount for it arrived yesterday (15th). Rearranging stuff on the rail of the AR-15 onto which it will be mounted -- slightly delayed as I did my income taxes and filed them -- a task for later today (16th). The magnifier doesn't come with a Picatinny mount -- it must be purchased separately. Looked through it and infinity focused it to my eye. Should be good to go when I get it mounted with appropriate eye relief.

Primary Arms SLx 3X Magnifier with Reticle and Rail Mount.jpg

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    Planning to shoot pretty much exclusively subs. Any suggestions on mags? This is my first venture into 300blk.
    PMag makes one specifically for .300 Blackout. Hexmag generally work. You may also try a Duramag metal (aluminum or stainless). I suggest getting one of each and seeing well it works with your rifle and ammunition. Then go from there. The PMag made for 5.56/.223 have been problematic which is why they've got one specifically for .300 Blk -- which I've been told also work with 5.56/.223. The 5.56 PMag had feed problems in my setup. The Hexmag worked for me with supersonic (I'm not using sub-sonic or a silencer).

If you've got something other than the above, you can try it as well. Whatever you settle on ensure they're marked for .300 BLK! Mine are a different color and banded with a .300 BLK label.

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    Anti-reflection flash killers made by One Hundred Concepts for a Holosun HS407 and a pair of Sig Romeo5XDR (with AAA battery compartment; XDR is now discontinued). Holosun and Sig Saur don't make them for these red dot models. These are made from molded stiff polyvinyl and fit firmly. Stumbled across these searching for something that would work with them. Not invisible as with the micro-thin aluminum honeycombs but still work well. Prices reflect a very low volume production. They specialize in making them for optics for which the manufacturer doesn't make them.

100 Concepts Flash & Reflection Killer.jpg

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    Two boxes of .350 Legend in 160 grain designed for defensive use versus hunting. Goes into the ammo stockpile. These made for SHTF Zombie Apocalypse use are not as common as the cartridges made for hunting.

350 Legend #1.jpg

SmolderOutdoors

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Westfield
    PMag makes one specifically for .300 Blackout. Hexmag generally work. You may also try a Duramag metal (aluminum or stainless). I suggest getting one of each and seeing well it works with your rifle and ammunition. Then go from there. The PMag made for 5.56/.223 have been problematic which is why they've got one specifically for .300 Blk -- which I've been told also work with 5.56/.223. The 5.56 PMag had feed problems in my setup. The Hexmag worked for me with supersonic (I'm not using sub-sonic or a silencer).

If you've got something other than the above, you can try it as well. Whatever you settle on ensure they're marked for .300 BLK! Mine are a different color and banded with a .300 BLK label.
    Appreciate the tip! I was looking at hexmags to try. Didn’t know Magpul made a 300blk specific pmag. I have a decent assortment of 5.56 mags currently but the plan was always to keep those 5.56 specific and run one visually different type of mag for 300blk (mixing up mags would be bad!) lots of time to figure it all out while waiting for nfa approvals!

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012

I didn't know they made different mags for 300BLK. I've been using my 223/556 mags with a 300blk band on them without issue. If I expand into another 300blk rifle, I may have to pick some up.

morve80

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 12, 2023
    Speedway
    Purchased a strike industries enhanced lr308 lpk with the 45/90 selector no fcg or grip, a2 buffer tube with lr308 buffer and spring, b5 systems 22 pistol grip, and a bcm mod 3 vfg. Vfg is for an ar15. Already have an aero m5 lower and a 3.5lb single stage drop in trigger at home. I can finally start my m5 build once it is delivered. Going a2 buffer/stock, obvs. I want the magpul prs gen 3 but might end up with the Luth-ar mba1 to save some cash.

Top Bottom