• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Trebor657

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 1, 2017
    Fort wayne
    Went to the Auburn 400 show yesterday...mostly long guns and lots of overpriced ammo....Stopped by a local gun shop and ended up with a Taurus GX4 bi-color....put 50 rounds through it after purchase....shot as well, if not better than my Hellcat.....pretty happy with it so far

Attachments

• GX4.JPG
      GX4.JPG
      121.7 KB · Views: 6

crosse

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2015
    PNW
    I stayed cheap. I decided against building my next upper with a BA 16" LWT barrel for the 12.3" BA Hanson barrels. 12.5" is my favorite length of barrel for do all carbine. I really enjoy my T91 12.5" upper. It has been my favorite to rock in the forest pits.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    large.gif

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    A new Skinner peep sight, front sight blade and dovetail blank for my Henry Golden Boy arrived today. The front sight is expected to be a little tall so I'll have to shoot on paper and then file it down a bit at a time at the range until it hits where I want.

IMG_0679.jpg

IMG_0678.jpg

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    A new Skinner peep sight, front sight blade and dovetail blank for my Henry Golden Boy arrived today. The front sight is expected to be a little tall so I'll have to shoot on paper and then file it down a bit at a time at the range until it hits where I want.

I did the same thing when I got my Skinners. I didn't know how tall of a front sight to get, so I got the tallest. I put the rear sight up a little so there was still adjustment for elevation both directions. I just marked the front sight when shooting and ground it off with a belt sander. I had a lot to take off and a file would have taken a considerable amount of time and I'm generally impatient.

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    I did the same thing when I got my Skinners. I didn't know how tall of a front sight to get, so I got the tallest. I put the rear sight up a little so there was still adjustment for elevation both directions. I just marked the front sight when shooting and ground it off with a belt sander. I had a lot to take off and a file would have taken a considerable amount of time and I'm generally impatient.
    I have to fight my impatience as well. I did this project on a Henry Big Boy a few years ago. Just took a little time at the range to shoot a group, file a little and repeat until I got there. Skinner recommended the 0.600" front blade for this setup on the Golden Boy so that's what I went with. It's worth the effort as these sights are much better than factory for my old eyes.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Seyboldbryan
    Top Bottom