• dekeshooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    Bunker Hill
    Found a Nazi marked CZ 27 today.

View attachment 182887
    I have possession of the CZ27 my dad brought back from his trip to Central Europe in 1944-45. His was from the weapons turned in by the troops manning the Luftwaffe base where his unit ended the war. Dad's is an extremely late war production piece with very rough machining marks all over and some missing parts on the safety. Dad told me he came into possession of both a Luger and a P38 during the Ardennes campaign but he traded them for a new overcoat and new boots.

Dad was never a gun guy, he hunted some growing up but had pretty much stopped by the time I was born. Taking him to the range a few years before he passed to shoot my M1 is a highlight of my life. He fired 3-4 clips through the rifle that day. When we were packing up I asked when was the last time he fired one. He thought for a few seconds and then said it was two days before he boarded a ship to return home from Korea in 1951. He said it was a lot more enjoyable to shoot one with me since the range we were on only operated in one direction.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    I have possession of the CZ27 my dad brought back from his trip to Central Europe in 1944-45. His was from the weapons turned in by the troops manning the Luftwaffe base where his unit ended the war. Dad's is an extremely late war production piece with very rough machining marks all over and some missing parts on the safety. Dad told me he came into possession of both a Luger and a P38 during the Ardennes campaign but he traded them for a new overcoat and new boots.

Dad was never a gun guy, he hunted some growing up but had pretty much stopped by the time I was born. Taking him to the range a few years before he passed to shoot my M1 is a highlight of my life. He fired 3-4 clips through the rifle that day. When we were packing up I asked when was the last time he fired one. He thought for a few seconds and then said it was two days before he boarded a ship to return home from Korea in 1951. He said it was a lot more enjoyable to shoot one with me since the range we were on only operated in one direction.
    Mine is a bring back. Sadly I'll never know the backstory since this was and estate sale for an owner with dementia.

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    Well, I should have a Remington Model 11 on it's way to me soon.

I also picked up a Remington 740 in .30-06. It is one of the early ones with the metal butt plate.

It would seem I am on a Remington kick but it is driven only by availability...

COOPADUP

Accipiter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 8, 2017
    Hamilton County
    Out for delivery today is my kydex OWB belt holster from Muddy River Tactical.
    Never tried this company, but the site was very user friendly and followup was very thorough.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    If you want some more pmags at $8.99, are new, or know someone new, PSA is having pmags 5x or more (no limit) 30 rd Magpuls with code "PMAG" and free shipping 5+.

I grabbed 10 more, because, why not?

Top Bottom