• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Trebor657

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 1, 2017
    Fort wayne
    Went to the Auburn 400 show yesterday...mostly long guns and lots of overpriced ammo....Stopped by a local gun shop and ended up with a Taurus GX4 bi-color....put 50 rounds through it after purchase....shot as well, if not better than my Hellcat.....pretty happy with it so far

Attachments

• GX4.JPG
      GX4.JPG
      121.7 KB · Views: 6

crosse

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2015
    PNW
    I stayed cheap. I decided against building my next upper with a BA 16" LWT barrel for the 12.3" BA Hanson barrels. 12.5" is my favorite length of barrel for do all carbine. I really enjoy my T91 12.5" upper. It has been my favorite to rock in the forest pits.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    large.gif

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    A new Skinner peep sight, front sight blade and dovetail blank for my Henry Golden Boy arrived today. The front sight is expected to be a little tall so I'll have to shoot on paper and then file it down a bit at a time at the range until it hits where I want.

IMG_0679.jpg

IMG_0678.jpg

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    A new Skinner peep sight, front sight blade and dovetail blank for my Henry Golden Boy arrived today. The front sight is expected to be a little tall so I'll have to shoot on paper and then file it down a bit at a time at the range until it hits where I want.

I did the same thing when I got my Skinners. I didn't know how tall of a front sight to get, so I got the tallest. I put the rear sight up a little so there was still adjustment for elevation both directions. I just marked the front sight when shooting and ground it off with a belt sander. I had a lot to take off and a file would have taken a considerable amount of time and I'm generally impatient.

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    I did the same thing when I got my Skinners. I didn't know how tall of a front sight to get, so I got the tallest. I put the rear sight up a little so there was still adjustment for elevation both directions. I just marked the front sight when shooting and ground it off with a belt sander. I had a lot to take off and a file would have taken a considerable amount of time and I'm generally impatient.
    I have to fight my impatience as well. I did this project on a Henry Big Boy a few years ago. Just took a little time at the range to shoot a group, file a little and repeat until I got there. Skinner recommended the 0.600" front blade for this setup on the Golden Boy so that's what I went with. It's worth the effort as these sights are much better than factory for my old eyes.

Top Bottom