What great mystery would you like to know the answer to?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    JzApI1X.gif

***REPORTED***

therewolf

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2013
    United States
    Here's a mystery some here may relate to:

Firearms purchasers insist your rifle be all original, with matching serials, with all the original lugs, cleaning rods and kits, but when it's time
    to talk money, they get all stingy, and want to pay you the value of a bubba'ed POS, for your all original rifle.

Jomibe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Was Alexander the Great poisoned or not?

After reading about this period of history I find him fascinating. What he accomplished in battle is really mind boggling. You're really left wondering what would've came next?

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola

After reading about this period of history I find him fascinating. What he accomplished in battle is really mind boggling. You're really left wondering what would've came next?

Dan Carlin just did a couple hour podcast on Olympia, Alexander the great's Mom. Good listen. It was on the Hardcore History Addendum podcast.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Alexander most likely died of disease. I personally think he probably reached the zenith of his empire at the time he died. There’s no way he would have conquered India, and in the remote chance that he did, China would’ve stopped him cold.
    Now, he should’ve expanded northward because,IMO, he could have easily subjugated the people’s all the way up to the British Isle. But of course we will never know.

Jomibe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Alexander most likely died of disease. I personally think he probably reached the zenith of his empire at the time he died. There’s no way he would have conquered India, and in the remote chance that he did, China would’ve stopped him cold.
    Now, he should’ve expanded northward because,IMO, he could have easily subjugated the people’s all the way up to the British Isle. But of course we will never know.

Yeah, well that's what they say, but this exercise is to go back and really see it to know for sure. If we're just just going by what the text books say what are we doing in this thread?

I read that his next goal was to conquer the Arabian sub-continent. His plan was to make his capital in Babylon.

I also find it interesting that his soldiers followed him even in death to an extent. Whoever had control of his body, many of his former soldiers swore loyalty to.

Top Bottom