What EDC do you find useful for a new dad?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dholcomb

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 14, 2022
    Indiana
    Congrats!!! Gun ownership changed dramatically for me when I had a child for a multitude of reasons.

For the bag, throw a pair of trauma shears in there. Sometimes poop explosions require careful clothing removal.

Leatherman Raptors are awesome.

Last edited:

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    I edc my wife when I’m with the kids… such a great item to have daily. Practically cares for the kids on her own!!!

For real though, congrats. Snacks, water, wet wipes, and a spare change of clothes (for you) have saved my butt too many tones to count.

Bonus tip, I keep a stash of thank you and I love you cards for the wife. Anytime I see she’s having a hard time, I go to the basement, write something cheesy and leave for her to find as I’m on my way out the door to go fish…

Last edited:

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    You will need the following everyday, all day. Everything else is luxury.

1. Blow out kit in a Ziploc qt bag. Diaper,handful of wipes, full (seasonal rotation) outfit change incl. socks. Onesies are the devil.

2. Snacks. And more snacks. Possibly a water, but mostly snacks.

3. Shemagh. It's the do all: blanket, swaddle, emergency T.P., etc. Endless uses.

Congratulations to you and your family. Get your sleep now. Because that's coming to an end. Forreeeevvvvverrrrrr

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    On a sincere note...

Enjoy every moment in the midst of the mess. The rug rat years gave me the chance to appreciate my parents even more....and taught me to recognize what matters much more than me.

During that time, days and weeks seemed long....now they seem way too damn short.

Caught this driving down the road today and it brought a tear to me eye.

Best thing my better half and I did was get away from "friends" who wanted to commensurate over how tough the days were...and focus on the gift and the responsibiliy.

Our youngest is now a young adult...and we've all been blessed with close relationship. Kids were over for dinner a few days ago...and mom and dad get called over just to hang out.

Through it all, remember the relationship with your wife matters most....It's what brought the kids and family...and your kids will watch and remember how mom and dad love each other and carry that into their relationships.

Knowing what I know now, there are things I would do differently and I made plenty of mistakes along the way.... but it all works out in the long run if you know what's important...and you'll figure out what's important along the way.

My best regards to you and your family.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    On a sincere note...

Enjoy every moment in the midst of the mess. The rug rat years gave me the chance to appreciate my parents even more....and taught me to recognize what matters much more than me.

During that time, days and weeks seemed long....now they seem way too damn short.

Caught this driving down the road today and it brought a tear to me eye.

Best thing my better half and I did was get away from "friends" who wanted to commensurate over how tough the days were...and focus on the gift and the responsibiliy.

Our youngest is now a young adult...and we've all been blessed with close relationship. Kids were over for dinner a few days ago...and mom and dad get called over just to hang out.

Through it all, remember the relationship with your wife matters most....It's what brought the kids and family...and your kids will watch and remember how mom and dad love each other and carry that into their relationships.

Knowing what I know now, there are things I would do differently and I made plenty of mistakes along the way.... but it all works out in the long run if you know what's important...and you'll figure out what's important along the way.

My best regards to you and your family.

No! I will not listen to that song in public…

There’sa lot of songs out there that hit differently…

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Congrats!!!!

A well-stocked diaper bag should contain (IMO): 1 more diaper than you think you'll need. And you'll inevitably need more than you think you will. 1 more change of clothes than you think you'll need. Make sure that the changing pad that comes with most bags stays with the diaper bag - they're a God-send.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Urimun
    Top Bottom