What did you get at the Jan 2014 Indy 1500 Gun and Knife Show?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • boogieman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    under your bed!!!
    Very few vendors were willing to budge at all this go round. Quite a few still thought .223 ammo was still worth way more than I can get it locally $70 for a 100rd box of federal or $80 for a 120 rd box. I did find a few things though.
    30-06 rifle in beautiful shape
    4 boxes of .17wsm ammo
    2 vortex scopes from alan at AA
    Ingo shirt and stickers
    colt officers mag

All in all I thought it was a decent show.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Very few vendors were willing to budge at all this go round. Quite a few still thought .223 ammo was still worth way more than I can get it locally $70 for a 100rd box of federal or $80 for a 120 rd box. I did find a few things though.
    30-06 rifle in beautiful shape
    4 boxes of .17wsm ammo
    2 vortex scopes from alan at AA
    Ingo shirt and stickers
    colt officers mag

All in all I thought it was a decent show.

There was a table in the back selling wolf polycoat .223 for $.30 per round or brass case for $.40 per round (non corrosive).

Audie Murphy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    59   3   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Warsaw
    I'm so used to the gun shows in Ft Wayne that I though the Indy 1500 was too packed, hard to move around. And with so many tables that it takes you a long time to make your rounds. By the time I got out Saturday the snow was coming down hard. 31 was in an almost white out condition with 24 not being any better.

kwatters

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Central Indiana
    Picked up a scope from Alan at A&A that I wanted for a while now. Had my G19 tweaked with a 3.5 lb connector to match the my G17.
    I was able to talk to Brad and Sheila and spoke with Jeff about a new safe.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    Got a Remora holster for my SR9C (really digging this grippy little holster, man it doesn't move around at all!), and a couple stun guns for the Mrs. and daughter. And an INGO ball cap with a State of IN patch, hard to pass up a good ball cap for $15! Oh, and a few free whiffs from people who had crop dusted in front of me. Thought hard about an SR40C from the PSS table, but got down there thanks to a last-minute invitation to ride along with a buddy of mine, and ran out of time before the show started closing up.

tjh88

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 4, 2013
    Vallonia
    Bought a bit of ammo, a couple of mags and made a bad trade on my part. Didn't listen to my gut. Win some lose some. Helped a new shooter pick out an AR and accs which was fun. A good time even with the crowd.

Deet

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    NWI
    Good show, saw a lot of cool stuff. Saw an AR15 for $579. I think it was a DPMS. Also saw a few SKS for $399. I really was searching for a lever action gun, but the vendors were set on prices and not willing to negotiate. I guess they wanted a certain price and let me walk. I picked up a very used Glock 17, so it wasn't a total loss.

DIRTROAD

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    Picked up a pink Walter P22 for wife to lean to shoot, talk to lot of people had a good time window shopping

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    m&p22 pistol mag, 33$
    coffee 2$
    bacon 4$
    shark tac kydex holster (raven wasn't there :( ) 109$
    ingo swag

InRon

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 12, 2013
    First time to the show and my wife and I had a very nice time. We ended up being there 10 to close on Saturday and found quite a few items. Holster, mag pouch and pistol bag for my wife, muzzle brake for my AK, a set of sling swivels, some chocolate from Johnson Safe (will probably order a safe as well), a used S&W Governor, an SP101 from ZX Guns for my wife (an OK deal - they were selling a lot of guns). I got a hat from INGO, a vortex scope from AAoptics and we each ordered a set of Shooter's Ear hearing protectors. I wanted to go back and look at a .300 AAC upper but we just ran out of time.

tom1025

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Underground
    Yup. Talked with zx. They were $608.83 out the door. They do not work on price. I was even wanting to get multiple guns from them. $608.83 was the cheapest out the door price, and 3 vendors were selling for that. Not a single one would budge on price.

Oh well, I'll spend my money somewhere that wants it. They still would have been making money selling it at $580 out the door. I'd rather spend my money with an Indiana business, but I'm simply not going to pay more. I'd expect at least a price match...

Anyone know a store that will do $580 out the door on an xdm .45 full size between Indy and Seymour? I'd still rather buy local...but if not, I'll just order online.

How much is shipping and transfer going to cost if you order on line?

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    1. Sugar Free Chocolate from the Johnson family - 1 lb and two bonus pieces of some with sugar because I cannot resist their orange peel dark chocolate candies.

2. Maxpedition "Radio" pounch for my large Samsung Note 3 cell phone (clearly I am compensating).

3. Kill Flash from Alan @ AA.

4. Six bags of Zeke's meat products.

5. New patch from some random booth. AC logo.

I walked around and recognized no one at the INGO booth. I gave Kimball a slap on the butt. I complimented Mrs. Kimball on her hair. I saw lots of mediocre prices. Ammo still isn't at the right selling point for me. I don't think I saw any .22LR but wasn't actively looking at it.

I stopped at the Busse booth with cash in hand but the one knife I loved the look of did not fit my hand. I found a nice Stryder DB but the dude would not budge and so neither did the hinges of my wallet.

Show was 4/10 for me.

I won free tickets on the radio, I otherwise would not have gone.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Good show, saw a lot of cool stuff. Saw an AR15 for $579. I think it was a DPMS. Also saw a few SKS for $399. I really was searching for a lever action gun, but the vendors were set on prices and not willing to negotiate. I guess they wanted a certain price and let me walk. I picked up a very used Glock 17, so it wasn't a total loss.

Yep, DPMS Oracle was the AR15 for $579. Almost picked on up, but decided I wanted to build my own with parts I get over time. It'll be more expensive, but I should end up with a weapon with good quality parts and more customized to my taste. There was a guy at one of the tables on Friday who was selling his son's AR15 for $750 as a private sale. Almost bought it, but while everything was good quality parts, it was a lot heavier than I was wanting. I'm sure someone snatched up though, at that price. It was a really nice weapon.

Top Bottom