• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    This has derailed my entire thread now...sigh.

Not all historians agree on the history of the clock.

Did you know clock towers where seen by many(most common people) as a totalitarian tool? As nothing more than a tool used by the elite to control people and society?

I am still unsure of why it is what day it is...and have yet to calculate the our orbit in any meaniful way,as no matter the math system I use it will one day be obsolete....I can not even be sure of units of measure at this point(they are all wrong and right to someone in some way).

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Well it is a 10 year old thread after all :):
    On which calender system and how was it created? What is a year.....any way.
    Is it really an obscure reference to the number(of some other system that will itself be obsolete one "day" soon) of days in a nearly obsolete inaccurate calendar,or just a not so simple calculation of our orbit(which I might add has varied year to year...at least with our "most accurate way to tell some form of this thing called time).

sigh...but after all these are the questions worth asking in my present space time.

Yes it is also angry orchard time...alas it will be time to rest very shortly.

Last thought before calling it a night. How do we measure time when we are in fact attached to a gravity well that we know for certain is distorting the very fabric of time simply by existing...so what are we actually measuring? Red shift might actually be the best way to keep time. Seriously I put at least .01% of my brain to figuring out how we should calculate time.

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    On which calender system and how was it created? What is a year.....any way.
    Is it really an obscure reference to the number(of some other system that will itself be obsolete one "day" soon) of days in a nearly obsolete inaccurate calendar,or just a not so simple calculation of our orbit(which I might add has varied year to year...at least with our "most accurate way to tell some form of this thing called time).

sigh...but after all these are the questions worth asking in my present space time.

Yes it is also angry orchard time...alas it will be time to rest very shortly.

Last thought before calling it a night. How do we measure time when we are in fact attached to a gravity well that we know for certain is distorting the very fabric of time simply by existing...so what are we actually measuring? Red shift might actually be the best way to keep time. Seriously I put at least .01% of my brain to figuring out how we should calculate time.
    Man did I step into this one.....:lmfao:

And no I got nothing.

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    Is the way I see colors the same as you see colors? If from the start you were told this is brown and this is red, how do I know what is red for me is green for you, but we all call it red. When you figure that out, ever wonder how many insects are killed by motorized vehicles every year.
    And to wait 10 years to get churchmouse is just awesome!

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    This thread tastes like blue.
    iu

Top Bottom