What attractants/scents/ lures do you use?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I keep seeing all the different scents from Doe pee to all the different apple flavored jellies out there and I was wondering what you all have used in the past and what has worked for you.

I have used a product called stump likker out behind my parents house where there were never deer and now they have deer coming through fairly regularly. I don't hunt back there, but it's nice to know there's a shotgun in the basement if you happen to see one while visiting.

What do you use that brings in deer?

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    I have used corn and molasses to draw deer to a small area I hunt. Did that for a while in the summer, they now travel that path normally.

greg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Plainfied,In
    Mrs. Doe Pee Buck Lures :yesway:

head2_r1_c2.gif

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I use Drakkar or Polo. Spasmo seems to like it, but really I'll use whatever she wants.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    If Walmart doesn't have the last thing I read about on the internet, I just ask the kid behind the counter or watch the video they have on to tell me what to do.:rolleyes:

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    The only material I have had luck with is Tinks #69 and only limited cases. Does seem to shun it but I will use it on light wind days to pull bucks to the edge of heavy cover.:)

Mrmonte

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 1, 2009
    Indy South Side
    I prefer to use a natural scent that I often find in the woods, heres how it works.....Take some deer turds and smear them on your face just enough to break up your features. The fresher the better. I know what your thinking, but consider this. It doesnt have the shine that grease paint camo from Walmart does and its a great cover scent. If you try it, please post pics!:D

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    I prefer to use a natural scent that I often find in the woods, heres how it works.....Take some deer turds and smear them on your face just enough to break up your features. The fresher the better. I know what your thinking, but consider this. It doesnt have the shine that grease paint camo from Walmart does and its a great cover scent. If you try it, please post pics!:D

ROTFL, yer horning in on my gig bud. Every knows those are too dry and crumbly to smear, you have to pee on them first.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Wow, 11 responses and only 1 of them was serious?

I have to admit that smearing the deer poo was funny.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.

wasn't trying to be a wise-***, I'm just not going to introduce some smell that doesn't come there naturally.

I know people who messed with Tink's and whatever "brand-X" for the year is, but it hasn't worked for anyone I know.

Eddie Brochin seems to have success with the HTS Scents, but then again, they sponsor him.

I personally would rather a deer think nothing is different than any other day of the year.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    I personally would rather a deer think nothing is different than any other day of the year.

This.

Look like nothing. Smell like nothing. Sound like nothing.

Drop death on them like a ton of bricks out of a clear blue sky.

Last edited:

Ryan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2009
    I use the fresh earth wafers, they are easy to clip on to your clothing or throw in your gear bag, and will regain scent potency if put back in the container for a couple days.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008

Here's one that's serious.

You better read the regs close before you decide to start shooting them over molasses, stump likker, and some of the other stuff mentioned in this thread. Once they get your money, Walmart don't care a whit about deer hunting or if you get a ticket using something they sold you so long as they get your money.

Top Bottom