What attractants/scents/ lures do you use?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wmitchell

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2009
    Franklin, In
    As for deer sconts I've tried many different things over the years and could not tell the difference. The only thing that made a difference for me was total scent control and play the wind. As for coyotes I never had any luck with scents unless I was trapping them. Then I usually used fish scraps from the previous years fishing.

Mrmonte

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 1, 2009
    Indy South Side
    The only thing I do differently than what has been previously mentioned is I practice food scent control. (I just made up the term for it, you will probably hear it on your favorite hunting show in a few weeks)

Instead of my usual roast beef, provolone, and horseradish sauce, I take a peanut butter sandwich, apple, and bottle of water for long days in the field. Has my food spooked deer before:dunno: I eat food while hunting that I think might not send deer into the next county if they get a whif. Im probably making something out of nothing, but it cant hurt.

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    IMHO attractant scent is WAY over used. if a hunter does his/her homework he/she shouldnt need anything other than there weapon and ammo. but some people insist on using it and if it helps your confidence go for it....Ive heard code blue is a good estrus scent tho I refuse to pay $10+ for a bottle of deer ****:):

dbrowntki

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2008
    One of the things we did this year was try several different products to see which works the best. We tried c'Mere Deer, Buck Jam, Stump Licker, Mineral Block from Tractor Supply and salt lick. What we have experienced is that Buck Jam Corn flavor will pull them in about 6 hours from when we left the site and show up consistently until it is gone. We also got pictures of turkey and a coyote who seem to like the Buck Jam. We have not had much luck with c'Mere Deer which was a surprise given the sales/marketing they do. Our hope was to increase the traffic and it has certainly done that.

Dennis

Top Bottom