What are you watching on Netflix and Amazon Prime?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    16793865_759x1012.jpg

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Just started Hart of Dixie on Netflix. It's about a young female New York doctor who moves to Alabama to become a family doctor. Sort of like Doc Hollywood with a lot more mascara. I think I'm going to like it.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Just started Hart of Dixie on Netflix. It's about a young female New York doctor who moves to Alabama to become a family doctor. Sort of like Doc Hollywood with a lot more mascara. I think I'm going to like it.

My wife and daughter loved it. I didn't hate it.

That's about as close as we come to agreeing on a show.

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I am three seasons in of Outlander. I think it is pretty good. Its a little Nicholas Sparks meets Braveheart with a splash of Back to the Future. There is lots and lots of boobs in it and a prison scene which is uncomfortable to say the least. If fighting movies where after the fight is over they go back to the castle and have sex with the wench is your thing, this series is for you.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Zero Zero Zero

I just finished watching Amazon's "Zero Zero Zero." It is a series about the drug cartels and the broker(s) who transport their goods.

Three (3) story lines', the first with the Italian mob in Italy, the second with the Mexican cartel in Mexico, and the third with the brokers in between.

Characters are good, well done. Excellent acting, however...

The final scene of the series (or season #1) is worth everything! Helluva performance.

Regards,

Doug

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    363   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    CBS All Access streaming. New animated series "Star Trek - Lower Decks". The main characters are the low level crew who work behind the scenes. if you like any of the Trek series, you will likely find it hilarious.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I am three seasons in of Outlander. I think it is pretty good. Its a little Nicholas Sparks meets Braveheart with a splash of Back to the Future. There is lots and lots of boobs in it and a prison scene which is uncomfortable to say the least. If fighting movies where after the fight is over they go back to the castle and have sex with the wench is your thing, this series is for you.

You should write summaries for a website like Rotten Tomatoes. Cause you nailed that one 100%.:laugh:

sixGuns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 24, 2020
    Grabill
    Yellowstone is ok. I keep up with it, but I fast-forward through the filler in most of the side characters.

I think a lot of TV should just be a movie and done with it. Too much recycling, but that's what sells for advertising. I remember a 30 Rock episode where Jack says something to Liz along the lines of, "We let you have a show for the purpose of advertising." That kind of red pilled me on all "content."

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Yellowstone is ok. I keep up with it, but I fast-forward through the filler in most of the side characters.

I think a lot of TV should just be a movie and done with it. Too much recycling, but that's what sells for advertising. I remember a 30 Rock episode where Jack says something to Liz along the lines of, "We let you have a show for the purpose of advertising." That kind of red pilled me on all "content."

I'm with you. I think they have a story that can be told in 1.5-2 hours but they need fill 10 hours, so in comes the "fill".

Sorta like church...;)

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I thought that show was ok until Nexflix took it over starting season 3 I believe. Then it totally changed, and not for the better.

I tried it but couldn't last. I wanted him to toughen up more and faster. Maybe that isn't realistic considering his job at the time, but I don't necessarily watch TV for realism.

Did he get tougher as the season(s) went on?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom