What are you watching on Netflix and Amazon Prime?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Lately we've been watching "Ozark" on Netflix.
    We just finished the 2nd of 3 seasons within the last hour.
    It's not the greatest show, but good enough to watch.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Started watching The Mentalist tonight on prime, but could not get the closed captions to work for anything. Mom is 87 and her hearing is not great, and the captions help. They work on all the other prime shows.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I made it about three minutes into Space Force before turning it off.

Watched The Last Days of American Crime. It has a few decent moments, but it's not very good.

I'm curious why so quick? I have made a "rule", lol that I give a show 3 episodes and if it doesn't grab me, then I bail.

I was hoping for more, but I have watched 3 episodes and I think I'm going to stick with it.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I'm curious why so quick? I have made a "rule", lol that I give a show 3 episodes and if it doesn't grab me, then I bail.

I was hoping for more, but I have watched 3 episodes and I think I'm going to stick with it.

I just finished the season and thought it was very good, it had some laugh out loud moments. It has some Trump digs but they balance it out with their AOC character.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I made it about three minutes into Space Force before turning it off.
    You don't like Lisa Kudrow? :dunno:

I just finished the season and thought it was very good, it had some laugh out loud moments. It has some Trump digs but they balance it out with their AOC character.
    There's an AOC character?! I gotta keep watching.

I thought the first two episodes were quite funny, and with a great cast. It was heartwarming to see Fred Willard, too.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN

I watched it and will look for the second "season" if they have one. With the cast they had it should have been a lot better though.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan

I probably just wasn't in the right mood. I usually find Carell pretty funny, but I turned it off before his initial acceptance speech during the opening scene was even over.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    The AOC character is spot on! Jetta, you will meet her in episode 3.

The reviews are pretty negative but I think it's because a lot of folks are expecting The Office but in a military setting.

I haven't watched much of The Office so I don't have any pre-conceived ideas.

I like that they didn't make him a bumbling fool. Sure he says and does some off the wall things, but he has strokes of genius too.

And if you are a little up on news, there are plenty of innuendos going on all the time.

I like the digs on the Coast Guard too! :)

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I made it about three minutes into Space Force before turning it off...

You're smart. I watched the whole thing.

I was surprised that there were less politics than I anticipated (less, not none)....but it just wasn't funny, you didn't care about the characters and there wasn't even a stab at plausibility.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom