What are you smoking or What do you enjoy smoking (Pipe & Cigar Thread)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Haha I always go straight cut but decided to pick of a Colibri V cutter to give it a whirl!
    A friend of mine who is new to cigars.
    Was lamenting that there are no matched sets of v cutter straight cutter punch and lighter.

There is a Cohiba set for $1500
    But that doesn't count bc that price is dumb.

fullmetaljesus

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Yeah it better come with quite a few Behikes for that price!
    He's got a point tho what can to get s lighter with a built in punch, that matches a straight and v cutter so they all go together?

My straight cut I use mostly is a oliva burgundy cutter. My go to lighter is black and copper, and I don't even have a stand along v cutter.

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    signal-2021-02-06-110932 (3).jpg I'm two weeks into the game and this is my current stock. There's a 100 count Humidor seasoning with Boveda pks under the stock shown.

Have been impressed with the Privada company out of Orlando. Currently in their Farm Rolled subscription and found a few things that simply peaked my interest. (8 fingers in pkgs w/ 8 more on the way)

Was introduced to The Smoke Pit in Greenwood yesterday and scored a few limited editions that I'd read good things about. Had one on the way home (the Cigabon) and it was very pleasant... Met the owner and found the place to be very welcoming. They've been open four months and I'm expecting good things from them. signal-2021-02-06-110932.jpg signal-2021-02-06-110932 (1).jpg

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    View attachment 124356 I'm two weeks into the game and this is my current stock. There's a 100 count Humidor seasoning with Boveda pks under the stock shown.

Have been impressed with the Privada company out of Orlando. Currently in their Farm Rolled subscription and found a few things that simply peaked my interest. (8 fingers in pkgs w/ 8 more on the way)

Was introduced to The Smoke Pit in Greenwood yesterday and scored a few limited editions that I'd read good things about. Had one on the way home (the Cigabon) and it was very pleasant... Met the owner and found the place to be very welcoming. They've been open four months and I'm expecting good things from them. View attachment 124358 View attachment 124360
    Nice! Welcome to the club! Next thing you know you will be drawing up blueprints for a walk in humidor lol!

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    Nice! Welcome to the club! Next thing you know you will be drawing up blueprints for a walk in humidor lol!
    Talked with a buddy (fellow cigar enthusiast) and told him what I'd done to prep for this adventure and he chuckled... I reminded him that I don't do anything half hearted, but I need to slow my roll to explore and develop my pallet. Figuring about $50 / month for my subscription, B&M, and maintenance (Boveda pks)...

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    Talked with a buddy (fellow cigar enthusiast) and told him what I'd done to prep for this adventure and he chuckled... I reminded him that I don't do anything half hearted, but I need to slow my roll to explore and develop my pallet. Figuring about $50 / month for my subscription, B&M, and maintenance (Boveda pks)...
    If you keep it to $50 a month, I'm impressed with your self control lol.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Tonight I had an Alec Bradley Tempus Nicaragua.

Full Review: Meh.
    My afternoon stick.
    So what's the verdict on the Magic Toast? Mine was about the same as your review of the Tempus Nicaragua. Meh. I haven't tried a ton of Alec Bradley's but I don't get the hype honestly.

Tonight I'm having an AJ Fernandez San Lotano with some Old Camp peach pecan whiskey. It's a nice pairing for sure. The whiskey brings out the creaminess of the Connecticut wrapper.

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    So what's the verdict on the Magic Toast? Mine was about the same as your review of the Tempus Nicaragua. Meh. I haven't tried a ton of Alec Bradley's but I don't get the hype honestly.

Tonight I'm having an AJ Fernandez San Lotano with some Old Camp peach pecan whiskey. It's a nice pairing for sure. The whiskey brings out the creaminess of the Connecticut wrapper.
    Copying my post from Reddit:

If you haven't heard the story about how they came up with the name for the magic toast you should check it out. It was cool and is what drove me to trying this cigar. It's not a bad Cigar by any means just didn't live up to the hype for me. There were several construction issues and the draw was tight. Flavor is good but nothing setting it apart. It's a medium-bodied stick that starts off with some hints of pepper, earthy and coffee notes. The pepper went completely away in first third and just didn't develop much beyond that. I would definitely try another it's just not one of my favorites. That being said, it's a beautiful day out, just got done eating a big ribeye steak and I'm enjoying a cigar in peace. It's a good day! I hope all of you are having a great one too!

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County

AJ makes great stuff!

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    This evening I had a Privada Halloween "Trick". Realized that I need a better plan for enjoying a cigar in this weather, however I don't regret it. Had some fun flavors and was a smooth one to unwind after work. 20210207_164628.jpg 20210207_174633.jpg

I'm hearing some amazing things about AJ and look forward to experiencing some of his work.

fullmetaljesus

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    So I bought a pack of cigars I had never had before.
    Sounded interesting so I figured why not

Been trying to smoke it for a little while. It just wouldn't draw right. I tried my draw tool and s pipe tool. It just wouldnt breath right. It had a small crack so I thought I'd just cut the end off removing the crack to maybe improve it.

It wouldn't cut right So I gave a a small tug to see if I could work it free... And I found......

IMG_20210209_204547_01.jpg

IMG_20210209_204659_01.jpg

****ing big ass stems.
    Typically you dont find stems this big in premium cigars.
    Stems explain why it tasted harsh. And it's poor construction explains the terrible draw.
    I will try one more from the pack. If it's equally bad. I'll never buy this brand again.

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    So I bought a pack of cigars I had never had before.
    Sounded interesting so I figured why not

Been trying to smoke it for a little while. It just wouldn't draw right. I tried my draw tool and s pipe tool. It just wouldnt breath right. It had a small crack so I thought I'd just cut the end off removing the crack to maybe improve it.

It wouldn't cut right So I gave a a small tug to see if I could work it free... And I found......

View attachment 124900

View attachment 124901

****ing big ass stems.
    Typically you dont find stems this big in premium cigars.
    Stems explain why it tasted harsh. And it's poor construction explains the terrible draw.
    I will try one more from the pack. If it's equally bad. I'll never buy this brand again.
    You can't post all that and not tell us what brand! Lol come on man! Never saw that either... Looks crazy!

Top Bottom