• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    Reading kills brain cells, and is known in the state of California to cause cancer.

They say that only about reading the Constitution.

*ZING*

I really dig the Posleen War Series by John Ringo. It is way Sci-Fi, but really rocking rides.

If you haven't read the Eric Flint 1634 Series, you are missing out. It is just a single sci-fi event, that takes a West VA mining town from 2000 and drops it into Germany in the middle of the 30 years war in 1634. Imagine what the tech and weapons from 2000 could do. But the quantity is limited. Really a great read. The people of the town basically make the United States happen a couple decades earlier.

I read both of these series electronically from webscription.net.

Also, a great book is Freehold from Michael Williamson. That is a free download from the site.

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    They say that only about reading the Constitution.

*ZING*

I really dig the Posleen War Series by John Ringo. It is way Sci-Fi, but really rocking rides.

If you haven't read the Eric Flint 1634 Series, you are missing out. It is just a single sci-fi event, that takes a West VA mining town from 2000 and drops it into Germany in the middle of the 30 years war in 1634. Imagine what the tech and weapons from 2000 could do. But the quantity is limited. Really a great read. The people of the town basically make the United States happen a couple decades earlier.

I read both of these series electronically from webscription.net.

Also, a great book is Freehold from Michael Williamson. That is a free download from the site.

This is similar to the plot of The Lost Regiment series by William Forstchen. He takes a civil war infantry regiment along with an artillery battalion and plunks them down in medieval Russia.

Protest

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2010
    SW Michigan
    Starting the Count of Monte Cristo on Sunday. Just finished The Lighthouse at the End of the World by Jules Verne. If you haven't read that one, you're missing out.

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Just finished reading Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. Pride and Prejudice is my favorite so I wanted to read this. It was entertaining.

gage

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    underground
    Debt of Honor....
    dpit7q.jpg

Debt of Honor - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

iamthameg

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    Brownsburg, IN
    The last book I just finished was Stephen King's new book, "Under the Dome." Yeahhhh, I know what you're thinking - stupid. But for those of you who are into the SHTF scenarios - it's that kind of book. A town gets into a pretty serious SHTF situation and it goes into detail of what breaks out when that kind of thing really truly happens. Excellent book.

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    Just picked this up, still haven't finished the previous one so I guess it's a two-fer for me.

One I'm on now first, next one in line is second.

I had the pleasure of meeting Mr. Dungy a few times and he's one of the calmest people I've ever met. He just has a way of making you feel like you REALLY don't want to disappoint him.... ever.... and it's not because you're "afraid" to, it's because he has a way of speaking to you that makes you feel appreciated and that what you do is important to him no matter how big or small, simple or complex the task may seem to you.

Tony%20D.jpg

TheMentorLeader_cover_FINAL.grid-4x2.jpg

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Reading Atlas Shrugged right now... the parallels are almost scary sometimes.

Last edited:

Garb

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Richmond
    I'm currently on the fourth book of The Dark Tower Series by Stephen King. I also read the bible at least four or five times a week. :D

Fireaxes

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 23, 2010
    Wabash County
    THE GIVEN DAY by Dennis Lehane. The author of mystic river and shutter island. Great book, I'm about two thirds through it. I read mystic river and it was very good too.

Top Bottom