What a surprise. Helmke felt disconnected at DC on the 19th...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Brady Campaign Blog

I spent three hours yesterday attending the “Second Amendment March” on the Mall in D.C. and the “Restore the Constitution” rally at Gravelly Point National Park in Northern Virginia, across the Potomac River from DC.
    Ft.-Hunt-VA-Vanderboegh-3-smaller1-300x200.jpg

It’s hard for me to make sense of people who want to bring loaded guns with them all the time, wherever they go. The main impression I have of the two events is one of disconnectedness.
    The dichotomies were everywhere:

• Military-style assault weapons in the National Park as opposed to fake black styrophone AR-15s on the Mall;

• Speeches that seemed to have more to do with “restoring” the type of system we had under the Articles of Confederation than with “restoring” the Constitution (indeed, I heard very little discussion about the Constitutional system’s reliance on elections and the legal process as the cornerstone of resolving disputes through our system of checks and balances, representative democracy, and access to courts);

• No real complaints about any federal laws that have been passed to restrict access to guns (there haven’t been any, that are still on the books, since the Brady Bill was passed in 1993);

• No real complaints about how the Second Amendment has been handled by the Courts (the DC v Heller decision two years ago seemed to give the “gun rights” crowd what they wanted, unless they wanted to show their opposition to Justice Scalia’s language that the right is “not unlimited” and that the Second Amendment allows restrictions on who can get guns, where they can be taken, how they are sold and stored and carried, and what kinds of guns they are – but I didn’t see any anti-Scalia posters); (Added by me: :lmfao: )

• Speeches that focused less on guns and more on health care, the federal deficit, bailouts, and other decisions with which they disagreed with the very express implication that the reason they were carrying (or wanting to carry) their guns was because “the guys with the guns make the rules” (as stated by the NRA boss Wayne LaPierre last Spring after Obama took office);

• Seeing guns carried in an area where Confederate troops may once have marched within view of the Capitol Dome which was being constructed when Lee and Davis and the Southern states decided that they wanted to “restore” a different understanding of the Constitution than that endorsed by Lincoln and the voters who elected him;

• Seeing guns carried close enough to the Reagan National Airport (named after a President who was shot by a gunman in DC in 1981) where a 50 caliber sniper rifle (legal in this country and now allowed in national parks) might easily take out airplanes on the ground (or about to land or take off);

• Hearing references to a selected history of the U.S .which emphasized the shooters at Lexington and Concord but ignored the Continental Congresses that supported their efforts as well as the Shays Rebellion put down about the time the Constitution was written and the Whiskey Rebellion put down in 1794;

• And finally, being treated (for the most part) politely by people on a beautiful sunny day whose level of fear and paranoia seemed to reflect a dark view of society and our nation.
    With all of these “disconnections”, my hope is we can all start focusing on what we can do to prevent gun violence by making it harder for dangerous people to get guns as well as focusing on the risks and responsibilities of gun ownership.

I mean, really? :wtf: This guy REALLY does have some serious issues... :rolleyes:

Bold added by me.

Hondo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    He is an avid anti gun liberal...class mate and pal of Bill Clinton.....for 2cts you can have him..(and I will pay you the 2cts)...:ingo:

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Why? I don't have any use for Paul Helmke, the Brady Bunch, or anyone that would infring our 2A rights. I stop far short of hoping the worst for themk. That's a pathetic attitude.

You can only hope that at some point they see the errors of their ways and jump on board with us.

This guy and the others like him are scumbags. You can only hope the worst for them.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    No SE he does not have any issues. Lets really looks at his points.

1) "15th Anniversary of the Oklahoma City bombing by an anti-government NRA member who made the money to make his bomb by selling weapons at gun shows; "

Is he lying? I don't know the full facts of the case other than some white guy blew up a fed bldg becuase he was pissed with the fed. So in my mind as I was growing up all white people that looks like they belong to some type of militia were bad people (ie. wanted to blow up bldgs...)

Hum... that sounds a like what our kids are learning about brown, muslim type people. They just wnat to blow themseleves up.

Keep reading before you attack me I do have a point at the end just need some room to type & I'm not joking with my comments above. When I saw the pic of Timmy I did think all white gun military type people were crAzy! Thank you media for that!

2)
    Seeing guns carried close enough to the Reagan National Airport (named after a President who was shot by a gunman in DC in 1981) where a 50 caliber sniper rifle (legal in this country and now allowed in national parks) might easily take out airplanes on the ground (or about to land or take off);

Can a 50 caliber sniper rifle take out an airplane on the runway? Yes but very, very, very, very unlikely as most gun educated people know. However, I wonder if he (the blogger) really knows or if he is just stating what he has heard time and time and time again without anyone verifiying it. Other than what they see on TV. (ie Rambo on a horse being able to shoot down a plane while in full run (the horse) and Rambo pakcing heat).

3) And finally, being treated (for the most part) politely by people on a beautiful sunny day whose level of fear and paranoia seemed to reflect a dark view of society and our nation.

Okay he (the blogger) is afraid just as much as our side if afraid of new "common sense" gun laws. Mommy always said "do the thing you fear and death of fear is certain". I wonder if the blogger has ever fired a gun? I wonder if someone has ever taken him to fire a gun? Yes some people will always hate guns due to some type of LIFE CHANGING EVENT that occured to them. But for the rest (the masses) we need to be pro-active and show them that the gun is just that a boring object that does nothing unless you do something with it.

SE your marches are one way. It gets the word out, it does a little bit of "shock value" seeing a guy/womean with a rifle on them walking in downtown! It helps educate the masses via a shock value that hey guns are OK it's not the gun.

Others (like me) take 1 or 2 non-shooters out on a day at the range and introduce them to the evil. Let them feel, see, and experience first hand just what is this thing that is so evil. Some have liked it and wantted to shoot more and eventually get a gun/permit/formal training. Others have told me No I'm still afraid of it but I'm happy to know you have one to protect me when I'm with you. :rolleyes: But at least they know it's not evil that the stuff on TV is indeed fake.

So what is my point? I wonder if this blogger has never been educated and just feed all these lies and points of view since a child. Me since growning up I've come to learn that not all white gun military type people are CrazY (well SE you are CRAZY! :laugh:) but that they are just human like me and have the same concerns as me.

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    Helmke did a short segment on Fox and Friends morning show.He made a point of saying that there were sniper rifles in the area of Reagan International Airport during protests.( The appropriate response to which would be..Any planes go down? Anybody shot? No? Hmmmm.) How incredibly arrogant and pompous he seems! Regretably, he's from the Hoosier State!

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    And I agree. There's a huge chasm between have no use for and wish the worst for someone. Freedom loving Americans are for the former, while Dumborats and trolls support the latter.

I have no use for anyone that wants to suppress any of our rights.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    So what is my point? I wonder if this blogger has never been educated and just feed all these lies and points of view since a child. Me since growning up I've come to learn that not all white gun military type people are CrazY (well SE you are CRAZY! :laugh:) but that they are just human like me and have the same concerns as me.

The blogger was none other than Helmke himself. I might be crazy, but the guy is smart. He knows exactly what he is saying. He knows that what he's saying is pure bull:poop:. He knows that the more he repeats it, the more people will believe him.

Why?

Because the people who actually join his ranks are people not just afraid of guns, but people who are afraid of guns because they lost someone to gun violence. Go to one of his propaganda meetings like I and others have, or check out their website and listen to the people's stories. They are about how they lost a loved one to guns.

And Helmke plays on that. He takes that fear and stretches it as far as the mind can take it. That's what makes him pure evil. He uses peoples fear against them to get what he wants.

I may be a crazy gun nut, but he's Satan's right hand man.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Reading the blog entry I was almost expecting the next line to read. . . ."And World Peace! Thank you Miss Alabama, next Miss Mexico, er excuse me, Miss NEW Mexico on HER greatest wish!":laugh:

3gunshooter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Williamsport
    Why? I don't have any use for Paul Helmke, the Brady Bunch, or anyone that would infring our 2A rights. I stop far short of hoping the worst for themk. That's a pathetic attitude.

You can only hope that at some point they see the errors of their ways and jump on board with us.

The first time in my life someone has said my attitude is pathetic. But so many agree with what I say.

Armed-N-Ready

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    Never cared for the man.

Didn't like him when he was here in Ft. Wayne. Only me the man once and I'm sure he would have had a fit if he knew I was carrying at the time. He's gone and I don't miss him. Pretty much a fart in the wind in my book.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    He felt disconnected because he was surrounded by Americans who believe in freedom, and the Constitution as written. I can see how that would be disconcerting for him.

Top Bottom