• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Donjr721

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2013
    Rockville
    Was concealed carry when I started bowling, got hot, so I removed sweatshirt (made me open carry). Was approached by IPD officer. He informed me I couldn't have it, there are no signs posted, he also said there are no signs, but said its private property. He said I could take it to car or put it in safe. I took it to car. He did not ask for permit. No harm, no foul. But I do not like being unarmed.

Donjr721

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2013
    Rockville
    Was he working as security for the alley? One has to be approached by an employee/owner, yes?

He may have just been working as security. I should have asked him if the manager requested or if it was his personal preference. Next time I enter a place with no signs or western bowl, I'll just stay concealed.

Donjr721

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2013
    Rockville
    Establishments do not realize that it is to their best interest to have law abiding armed citizens in said establishment. It is like having additional security personell for free.

Donjr721

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2013
    Rockville
    I called after we left , it is their policy to either have you leave it in car or security will put it in safe. They need to post a sign on door then.

Miles42

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 11, 2012
    Fishers, IN
    I think that any establishment that has a policy of not allowing firearms should have it clearly posted. That way there is no question and no need for any of this to happen in the first place.

Indynic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 30, 2013
    Parts Unknown
    There is another way to think about this.....I personally would prefer these places to not post anything. Just in the manner of Western Bowl, then deal with an open carry in the manner that they did. A "No Guns" sign posted at the front door is only for law abiding citizens. A sign posted on the front door really just gives criminals the green light to attack with little chance of someone being able to defend him/herself. It's like a big neon sign that says "ROB THIS PLACE!"

Who Dares Wins

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2010
    Plainfield
    Probably it was just the "Open Carry" they didn't like. Sounds like a "Don't ask/don't tell" policy to me and they are not wanting to scare other customers. Scaring others with open carry might be hard in a bowling alley, but you never know! :)

If it stayed hidden, you would have been AOK, obviously. It is encouraging that they offered you a safe to put it in, and didn't just want you removed from the establishment, as that tells me they are not totally anti-firearms.

Top Bottom