• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    How often can you say that nowadays. Normally they would be closed but they opened in September. They had two movies for free, polar express and national lampoons Christmas vacation. Now the upside to this location was that they only had to renovate the screen, not make a new one. The location was a location for a former drive in and the screen was still up.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    How often can you say that nowadays. Normally they would be closed but they opened in September. They had two movies for free, polar express and national lampoons Christmas vacation. Now the upside to this location was that they only had to renovate the screen, not make a new one. The location was a location for a former drive in and the screen was still up.

Kind of late for a drive-in to be open but it is awesome to hear about a new one.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Did you have shag carpet on the dash? A mural of a Viking? A 3-speed on the column?

One of my dad's company vans so.... no.
    I had to clean out the loose nails and staples before using and it constantly spelled like degreaser and wet carpet. (a few bong hits took care of that)

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Kind of late for a drive-in to be open but it is awesome to hear about a new one.

i don’t know if they plan to be open this late every season but since they got a late start to construction to make the concessions/restrooms/projection building, they opened Labor Day weekend (showed grease and American graffiti with a car show in the day). To make sure they had as successful as possible season they stayed open late.

So it's located where?

Terre Haute. Moonlight drive in.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    DST and a kid killed the drive-in for us. Well, that, and the local one closed years ago.

Went almost every weekend in high-school and into college. Even watched a few movies...

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I have a couple cars I'd like to take to the drive in but I'd have to plate them first and I'm not sure what I'm going to keep. This is very cool. My best friend has been asking me to go to one with him so maybe I'll just do it this coming year

Lt Scott 14

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 18, 2018
    Porter County
    My friend had the Chevy Van, 1970s model. Shag on the dash, louvers on rear windows, platform with foam/wood platform. He built a small console for the rear cargo area with an 8 track player, storage for tapes, and had a cooler for beverages. He was never short of company when at the Drive Ins. Those were some times. Note: His van had to park in back row. It rocked a lot! Lol.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    We actually took the kids to muncie's ski hi drive in. They had a playground in the front, and we'd make sammiches and popcorn and carrot stix and stuff... let the kids put out a pick a nick blanket in front of the minivan. Then pick up their sleeping little selves at the end of the last show and cart them home...
    Happy times.

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    The drive in announced today that next Friday and Saturday they will be showing another double feature. A Christmas story (shoot your eye out one) and elf for free. They’re doing a good and toy drive.

Im hoping to get to the first one on Saturday as it is my favorite Christmas movie since it mentions Terre Haute three times.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    We actually took the kids to muncie's ski hi drive in. They had a playground in the front, and we'd make sammiches and popcorn and carrot stix and stuff... let the kids put out a pick a nick blanket in front of the minivan. Then pick up their sleeping little selves at the end of the last show and cart them home...
    Happy times.

The one by us when I was a kid had a playground up front, good times. No minivans back then though, but station wagons galore. There is still one by me now, but no playground. There is a grass area where kids will go and toss a frisbee/ball/etc before the shows start.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    The drive in announced today that next Friday and Saturday they will be showing another double feature. A Christmas story (shoot your eye out one) and elf for free. They’re doing a good and toy drive.

Im hoping to get to the first one on Saturday as it is my favorite Christmas movie since it mentions Terre Hut three times.

FIFY.

Top Bottom