• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gungho_1989

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    SE IDPLS
    I am not a photographer so the pics aren't the greatest.

Ive had my ACR for few months now and have come to the conclusion that it is the greatest thing since Bacon or ***** was invented! (next to the my wonderful Wife and kids of course.)

Ive shot steel 50 to 400 yds and if there was a miss it wasn't the rifles fault.
    Irons or the Aimpoint I'm able to hold 1.5 averages with Federal as well as Winchester 55gr.
    Glassed my expectations are high.

Myself and a few others Ingoers among them have put over 4000 rounds through it now without so much as a hiccup!

My next step with it will be SBR and Can. Until then and long after words ill continue to abuse it regularly! [:D]

I havnt had an issue yet other than lack of range time and funds for a continuous stream of 5.56

The current set up is

Aimpoint Micro

GG&G accucam mount with flipdown covers.
    Surefire 952

Magpul AFG 2

Phantom Flash hider soon to changed out for one of the AAC or Gemtech mounts.

Urban ERT in USMC Desert Marpat.

November2010009.jpg

November2010027.jpg

November2010031.jpg

November2010028.jpg

November2010029.jpg

November2010019.jpg

2010-11-060011512.jpg

Gungho_1989

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    SE IDPLS
    I haven't yet Ive been debating it actually, I have tried several types of ammo now even a couple others had listed as having issues and have not had an issue with mine.

If I don't send it back I will order the spring and pin and swap it out.

I would prefer to have a couple of extra's any way and was planning on getting them even before the recall. I like to have some spare parts around for pretty much any rifle I own.

Britton

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Knoxville
    Did you order the extra parts from your supplier? I have an enhanced version in stock and was thinking about taking it home, but don't like the rail, would prefer to have the basic handguards.

Gungho_1989

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    SE IDPLS
    I ordered them through Bushmaster. last I talked to them they ad them in stock.

I prefer the Standard Hand guards as well, but wanted to make sure I had the Railed as well. I have the Magpul rail set and added two rail one for the bipod if I need it at the range and one for a light.

Last edited:

Gungho_1989

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    SE IDPLS
    At first it was about something new, it had alot of appeal to me mainly because it wasn't Just another AR or an upgrade to an AR.

I am a gun nut, and especially BR, or EBR's or whatever PC term were currently using, and I am a huge fan of AR's and have had who knows how many over the years.

Ive built em, shot em, broke em and figured out alot of what was good stuff and what wasn't through trial and error.

Nothing will Replace the M16/Ar15 series of rifles anytime soon but I think the ACR or one of its future variants might do it.

The ability to swap parts and pieces out without tools is a huge plus. simply by pushing a pin I can change out my for end to a railed for end an with a push of the same pin put the standard back on.

Its the same with the butt-stock. I can change it out in second with the push of a couple of pins.
    The barrel!! holy crap no more vices blocks, boogered barrel nuts. lost gas tube pins, or busted knuckles.

Lock the bolt to the rear, remove the for end, grab the little wire handle push down and turn, pull the barrel out of the receiver.

Swab it scrub it or stick it in the ol lady's dish washer and oil later. (do not forget the oiling part,)

When I SBR it there's no sending away or have it cut and threaded, having the port opened up and pissing with it no separation anxiety

The rifles accuracy is more than adequate and the reliability has been absolute.

I have put alot of rounds through it now and feel very good about its accuracy and my ability to hit with it. The rifle Fits me well it point well and its fast on target and with follow ups.

I don't know who was or wasn't watching but I'm sure there were a couple of witnesses when I was running it at the PW shoot.

I was able to knock the dog **** out of the steel at the PW shoot with it out to the furthest steel at whatever range they finally decided it was, I heard 280 to 420 so :dunno: but it was dang fun and I was very pleased with that.

The controls came very natural for me.

They are fully ambidextrous the bolt catch is positive. It is easy to engage and release.

The magazine catch/release works with equal ease from the left or the right. unlike some Ambi rigs for the AR's where it took three to four times the effort release it with the support hand.

One of the things about the AR that was always an annoyance for me was the charging handle location.
    The charging handle on the ACR is located almost perfectly in my opinion.

Everything can be manipulated from either right or left hand and while the rifle is still in the shoulder, without having to spend but loads of jack on parts you have to add yourself or have a buddy or smith install.

Bushmaster seen fit to add these features as well as charge you for them.

I want to get it out and get a bit more serious with it now. Run through a couple of matches or take a class or two with it.

I will be SBRing it and ordering the Barrels as soon as Bushmaster see's fit to release them.

Mines not had any issues with doubling that weren't induced by me.

It doesn't **** where it eats!!! A ****ing can of keyboard cleaner is dang near all you need to blow the brass shavings out of the chamber area and clean it.

That is only a very slight exaggeration.... or is it!? I will have to try it when I finally do decide to clean it again.

It exhausts the majority of its gas forward of the hand guard.

Cleaning is almost disgustingly easy.

I'm sure more problems might creep up with them but like everything else (especially the AR platform) there will be growing pains and innovations fixes and engineering blunders a plenty as the ACR matures.

Example: Magpul gave an estimate because every swinging sausage on AR15.com was clamoring for it, when they didn't have a clue what the true production costs to bring something to the market like that truly were. designing, and creating things in molds is way different than bringing a whole new weapon system to the market.

Now you have a conglomerate of companies involved in the project and its still no more expensive than any other new weapon out there with similar features. The FS2000, the Scar, [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]HK MR556-A5 [/FONT] and others and most of these don't have some of the things I like best about the ACR and they are priced similarly or much higher.

The ACR will come down in price eventually but I wouldn't expect much over three to four hundred. I cannot read the future so don't flame me a year from now if they go back over 2g for the basic.

What a guns worth is subjective, they are tools, some guys buy their tools at Big lots and some buy them from the Snap on guy.

They will all work for a while some for a while longer. Some are status symbols or signify that the guy doing the job truly knows his ****.

Other companies will come up with upgrades and accessories as things pick up with it.

Top Bottom