Well, I am now unable to reproduce... hopefully.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    I need to get this done, what does something like this cost?

I had an uncle that was an anesthesiologist that did his own, he was hardcore.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Well, mine was $750 before insurance. Im sure my insurance will have a negotiated rate, so it wont be that much.

Funny thing is, the place requires cash up front, ie first thing I had to do was pay up front before I was even allowed to go back to the room.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Fifteen years ago for me. Had two kids only eighteen months apart and decided that was enough. I was only 25 at the time. One doctor actually refused to do it unless I saw a psychiatrist first (to the tune of an additional $200).:nuts: Insurance wouldn't cover it anyway (the procedure or the psychiatrist) so just found another doctor. I only had one incision less than 1/4 inch long. No problems and no pain or swelling. Took off work an hour early on a Friday, took it easy for the weekend and that was it. The people that have problems often are the ones that think they are :chuck: and try to do too much too soon. Just take it easy and as long as your doctor did a good job and you'll be fine. :twocents:

Oh, I couldn't bring myself to carry samples back to the doctor's office but if there was a problem I'm pretty sure I'd know by now.:whistle: No more :baby::baby: yet.

:D:cheers::D

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    This thread needs to be all about how it DOESN'T hurt that bad (I'm showing it to my husband).

Congrats to you, Clay!!!!

Now lets hear some positive feedback. :)

Hate to break it to you, but sometimes it DOES hurt that bad :( Mine was horrible, and the pain lasted a week. Sucked. Of course, at one point the Dr and nurse did kind of go "uh oh," followed by the Dr saying "that OK, there's enough left, I can fix it. Lefty still hurts now and then.

Edit: Oh, and the procedure itself hurt like all get out. Especially after the "uh oh" part. He said I'd feel a tugging, and I did... all the way up to my chest. Imagine someone reaching up in there, grabbing hold of your ovaries, and pulling them out to work on them. You'll have a small part of the picture.

Last edited:

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Wow Joe. That's messed up that you had such a bad experience. From what you posted, it sounds like your doctor may have been to blame for your problems. Sorry it worked out that way for you. I guess it could have happened to any of us though.

standanjohn

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Just had mine done two weeks ago. All I can say is be sure to wear a jock strap. I was miserable for the first week, then noticed somewhere in my discharge instructions to wear one for extra support. They're not kidding. Wear it. Ball slap, especially all day, will make you MISERABLE!
    I also love how they give you a BIG specimen cup to bring a sample back in. That'd be a pretty big job to fill it.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Had it done about six years ago and medically speaking, it was a better move for me to get it done, rather that having my wife get her tubes tied. I guess there are more advanced procedures today, but I say whatever it takes. I'm glad you are doing alright, but make sure you do the follow-up testing.

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    Wow... I realize I'm just a young kid among men more mature than I... but I'm pretty doubtful I would want to get that done to me.

And just for kicks, here's a snippet (haha, look, a pun!) from The Office (s04e13 "Dinner Party")
    YouTube - Snip Snap

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I don't have to worry about it. No self respecting woman will have anything to do with me anymore. I wish I would have kept one of the good ones that I let get away when I was "Young, Dumb and full of _ _ _ !"

Top Bottom