• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    NOT.

Man, they are back with a vengeance. Seems like every spring, and towards the beginning of fall, my nose goes haywire. With the recent weather change, it looks to have invited the irritants to the party.

Anyone else?

bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side
    FOR SURE... AND HOW!!!

I just moved out of the city and am surrounded by corn fields. Last night I pulled a substantial amount of ragweed out of the flower garden. I had a nice little allergy attack. I'm hoping I can beat my allergies via immersion therapy (i.e. breath some much pollen in that it can no longer affect me!!!) Didn't quite get the job done last night, so I'll try again this evening!

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    FOR SURE... AND HOW!!!

I just moved out of the city and am surrounded by corn fields. Last night I pulled a substantial amount of ragweed out of the flower garden. I had a nice little allergy attack. I'm hoping I can beat my allergies via immersion therapy (i.e. breath some much pollen in that it can no longer affect me!!!) Didn't quite get the job done last night, so I'll try again this evening!
    That sounds like your playing with fire, and inviting the devil to your door. :dunno:

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    They aren't as bad now as they were when I was a kid but they still get to me. When I was a kid, my eyes would swell shut, etc. It was terrible. I never took any medicine for it. I just sort of grew out of it as I grew older. Now they aren't as bad but I still have them. Blowing my nose constantly it seems and headaches occasionally from the sinus pressure. Our daughter has them too. About like I do now. I hate working outside because of it. Mowing the grass doesn't help.

DagerOne

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    Mine never took a break this year at all. Every day "the pollen forecast for your area is extremely high" showed up on my weather page...as if the sinus headaches and sneezing weren't indication enough. Looks like my son is following in my footsteps, too...poor kid.

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    NOT.

Man, they are back with a vengeance. Seems like every spring, and towards the beginning of fall, my nose goes haywire. With the recent weather change, it looks to have invited the irritants to the party.

Anyone else?
    Even as we speak (type?) I am holding my handkerchief and viewing the screen thru wet, scratchy eyes......and I'm inside in the air conditioning!! Ah..Ah.....(pause)....Choooo! It's pathetic......ever sneeze inside of a full face motorcycle helmet? It's not a pleasant thing.

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    I never had any allergies to the environment or medications as a child but as an adult it has been total misery. this year I am experiencing a new sympton now with my eyes. They are burning and itchy all the time. It is very annoying. Nothing I take seems to help and the side affects from the meds I have to deal with in most cases is worst than the symptoms of the allergies. I am in a catch 22. I just try to stay indoors with the air on as much as possible.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I never had any allergies to the environment or medications as a child but as an adult it has been total misery. this year I am experiencing a new sympton now with my eyes. They are burning and itchy all the time. It is very annoying. Nothing I take seems to help and the side affects from the meds I have to deal with in most cases is worst than the symptoms of the allergies. I am in a catch 22. I just try to stay indoors with the air on as much as possible.
    Allergy eye drops, for the win.

Jeff

Home of the P7
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 28, 2008
    South Indy
    I struggled with allergies for the first 21 years of my life. Taking two shots a week for 15 of those years. Then I went to basic training in San Antonio TX and no more allergies. I have since had to watch our two sons struggle with it come spring and fall.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Currently, the brand that's been working best for me is Opcon-A by Bausch & Lomb which contains an antihistamine...

51BRPQ57NHL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Indydrew

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Eye itch relief

All:

I have suffered through allergies most of my life, and my eyes are the most commonly affected area. My eye doctor turned me on to Zaditor made by Novartis.

This stuff was $100+ a bottle when it first came out and available only by prescription. (Someone figured out that people with ithcy eyes will pay however much it takes to get it to stop). Now it is OTC and generic as well (Walmart's brand is Equate and it's called "Eye Itch Relief Drops" and is usually right next to Zaditor on the shelf).

I have tried EVERYTHING out there and this is the ONLY thing I have ever found that works as well as advertised. Give it a try and see if it helps you guys as much as it did me...

Good Luck,

-Drew

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    My allergies tend to kick up every year. I can't tell if they're getting better because I am getting older, or because I tend to work indoors as well as attend school indoors most of the time.

Blaze261

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    Never had allergies until about 6-7 years ago. I was actually thinking about how bad they were today 5 secs before seeing this thread. Prescription nose spray, and zyrtec barely touch it. Have to wear glasses this time of the year. Wonder what is so different than when I was a kid being able to bale hay and not having any problems..

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jstan
    Top Bottom