• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    OK guys... Let's keep this story on topic. The issue is not proper firearm handling. The most critical piece of information has been omitted here. The most critical pice of information is that his weapon was obviously a GLOCK.:stickpoke:

Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County
    OK guys... Let's keep this story on topic. The issue is not proper firearm handling. The most critical piece of information has been omitted here. The most critical pice of information is that his weapon was obviously a GLOCK.:stickpoke:

Don't know how the officer shooting himself and another is the guns fault Glock or not. Blaming Glocks for shooting people is the same as what the antis say and how they justify banning all guns.

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    A distant relative of my fiance's Dad had a nice accident recently with his wife's Glock 22. He is a Marion County Special Deputy of some kind (does jail transfers, etc). Looking at the picture, he was clearing the weapon for cleaning and had part of his palm over the muzzle. Unfortunately for him, his booger hook was on the bang switch. He shot into his palm and his leg. I didn't see pictures of the leg, just the hand. Just pure stupidity. Violating 4 of the 4 safety rules are to blame for this shooting, not because it was a Glock.

Seancass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Near Whiteland, IN
    HELLO Katie Horner!

I realise it's not the glocks fault, but why did it ever seem like a good idea to have to pull the trigger to unload the gun? It's like having to turn a car on to get the oil filter off: eventually its not going to end right.

Edit: i kinda typo'd that but i'm gunna leave it because it made me laugh.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    HELLO Katie Horner!

I realise it's not the glocks fault, but why did it ever seem like a good idea to have to pull the trigger to unload the gun? It's like having to turn a car on to get the oil filter off: eventually its not going to end right.

Edit: i kinda typo'd that but i'm gunna leave it because it made me laugh.

You don't have to pull the trigger to unload the gun. You have to press the trigger to disassemble the gun and if you follow the most basic of safety rules every time you do it, it will never be a problem.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    It happens. my Dad was sitting on the edge of his bed and putting away his Colt 1911. It was like the one he qualified with in the Army. Well, he swears that he was taught to "half-cock" a 1911 when loaded if he did not want to keep it cocked and locked. Well, he had it in his right hand, pointing down into his lap. His thumb slipped off the trigger as he was lowering it and a FMJ (thankfully) entered his left thigh and separated the hip ball from the Femur. The slug exited out his left butt cheek and it was trapped in his underwear. He hit the femoral artery and had just enough time to grab the cell phone next to him (land line too far away) and call 911 before he passed out from blood loss. Medics got there within minutes and they saved his life. A simple mistake almost cost me my Dad. He still walks with a bit of a limp but he never missed a beat. He was pretty upbeat about the entire incident, never let it eat him up. Never get complacent.

Last edited:

blainepoe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 25, 2008
    Hamiltonian
    I always find that pulling the trigger several times unloads my guns quite well :):.

That is one of the only things I don't like about glocks. You hate to hear it, but when (tens or hundreds of) thousands of people have to pull the trigger to disassemble their weapon, some of them are bound to shoot it. Glad no one was seriously injured.

~Poe

Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County
    I always find that pulling the trigger several times unloads my guns quite well :):.

That is one of the only things I don't like about glocks. You hate to hear it, but when (tens or hundreds of) thousands of people have to pull the trigger to disassemble their weapon, some of them are bound to shoot it. Glad no one was seriously injured.

~Poe

But it still isn't the Glocks fault. it's the owners fault for not unloading the gun first. And by having to pull the trigger to disassemble the gun, keeps life on the edge.
    :D
    :cheers:

Last edited:

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    One of the Rules of safe handling of firearems - Never point it at anything you don't want to shoot. That includes your own body parts my friends.

The best lessons you can learn are the ones you learn from others experniences.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom