• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doghead

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2009
    They are more than just a security firm they are actual armed LEOs of this maretime homeland security area and have full acess to all information.

Buckaroo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    NWI
    Since when did your license plate data information include the LTCH? Maybe I should incorporate so that that would not be the case....

Buckaroo

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Way up North
    I think he said he's from MI, which if I'm not mistaken may show up when you run a MI resident license??
    not forsure but seems like what I heard, I know MI MAKES you take gun safety classes for like 2 full days and blah blah blah. It's not as simple as it is on our side of the line. One of my Instructors at school is from MI and was telling me about it and he is not the sort to give BS info "about the classes" just seems like I read the first part somehwere on here.

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    They are more than just a security firm they are actual armed LEOs of this maretime homeland security area and have full acess to all information.

I wonder what would have happened if he had either refused to allow the search or tried to leave the premises as some have suggested. :dunno: MY guess would have been a painful road rash on his face along with a gun or three pointed at his skull and a trip to the county pokey. Like I said these guys do NOT have a sense of humor. :n00b: :twocents:

And yes you are lucky you work for an outside firm because if you had worked for them you would have been fired on the spot. As for your weapon, my guess is it would have been melted down.

Greg

Passive101

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    La Porte
    From what they did I can't imagine why anyone would want to continue working there. Be glad your most likely done there and have an attorney call to get your firearm back.

What am I missing here? Who wants to work in Gary unarmed? Even if you do keep your job you will no longer be able to carry to and from work through Gary as they will watch and do random searches on your vehicle possibly damaging your belongings etc.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    What am I missing here? Who wants to work in Gary unarmed? Even if you do keep your job you will no longer be able to carry to and from work through Gary as they will watch and do random searches on your vehicle possibly damaging your belongings etc.

The steel millsas well as NIPSCO's power plant in Gary while they are part of the City of Gary (eg. on land that the City of Gary encompasses) they pertty much are away from eveyrthing else. You drive on roads that go in/out of the mills and don't have much else. It's been a long time (15+ years) since I have been to that area but not much else has changed. The same with Inland Steel (yes it's in East Chicago) but you get to it by highway and out again via higway without ever seeing the city per say.

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009

Doghead

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2009
    I called and they said come and get my gun. They also said I was lifetime banned from the company nation wide.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    Well I doubt this helps you much since your job is undoubtedly affected, but good riddance to them!

Best of luck to you. You might have done things a little better but you did the right thing by carrying so dont let "the man" get you down. Keep doing what you do and next time tell them to come back with a warrant.

Take care!

Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    I think you need to watch the video dont talk to the cops on youtube. By consenting to a search you waived some of your rights. Whether they are LEO or not you don't have to consent to a search. You can verbally say no but shouldn't get physical with them. Just watch the video lol. It is pretty good advice I think what say ye? Other than that this is a bunch of bs

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    From what they did I can't imagine why anyone would want to continue working there. Be glad your most likely done there and have an attorney call to get your firearm back.

Union jobs pay big bucks for little work. Not to mention with the recession, jobs are getting harder to come by... even for union.

I work in chicago on some days... You want to make money, you go where the work is... even if it's in gar/sickago or wherever.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    If you sign a consent to search form as a condition of employment and sign an understanding of policy form that states firearms are not permitted on company property...there's really not much you could have done about it. We really should read those kinds of things and understand them before we sign them.

Last edited:

XDs4me

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    NW Indiana
    No. A simple "do you have a warrant?" will suffice. Real cop or not, he will need a warrant (assuming you don't consent to it).

It use to be that you signed an agreement when you hired in. Within that agreement it stated that you agree to personal and vehical searches. As an outside vendor when I had to go in I had to sign a form which also granted them that right.

Top Bottom