• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    Somebody told me a while back that shooting an airsoft pistol with your weak hand is good practice, if you can't get to the range to fire fire your rife. I tried that today and it seems very natural to me. Partly, I think, because I am left eye dominant. I was shooting right away with my left hand almost as accurately as I do with my right. I also I read a thread a while back about practicing "point and shoot" and have been practicing that with my right hand for several weeks now, and am getting pretty good at shooting "from the hip" with my right hand. I tried that with my left hand and I really stink at it, so far!

Last edited:

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    So I made it to the range today, though I couldn't take my .45 cause I don't have my permit yet, and my muzzleloder hasn't arrived in the mail yet. I di get to shoot my buddy's 303 British Infield, though:D I do feel like all the airsoft shooting I have been doing is helping a lot.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Airsoft and pellet gun shooting is quite useful for marksmanship training. Especially pellet guns, since they can be very accurate.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    If your training you non dominate hand maybe using a slight weight accessory would help to a couple loaded mags or Velcro sand belts? just Brainstorming for ya, good thinking though!

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    If your training you non dominate hand maybe using a slight weight accessory would help to a couple loaded mags or Velcro sand belts? just Brainstorming for ya, good thinking though!
    So far my left hand gets tired quick enough just shooting with that plastic airsoft gun. When I feel like I'm ready for a little more weight on that hand I can practice aiming and dry firing my Hi Point .45
    That thing is a beast!

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    Airsoft and pellet gun shooting is quite useful for marksmanship training. Especially pellet guns, since they can be very accurate.
    The thing I like about the airsoft is I can actually see the BB fly. I never wonder which direction I missed. For a novice shooter like myself, that really helps!

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    The thing I like about the airsoft is I can actually see the BB fly. I never wonder which direction I missed. For a novice shooter like myself, that really helps!

You shouldn't be watching the BB. You should be watching the front sight. If you need to see where you missed, stick up a bigger piece of paper, and check the holes.

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    Two handed shooter

Hey Delmar....If you are going to shoot two handed they better be 2 Hi- Points or you will be thrown off balance....that's if you can afford the ammo.:draw:

Top Bottom