• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Armed-N-Ready

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    Let's see what they look like in two years.

I'd venture to guess overall crime will increase, violent crime will skyrocket and they've just made a lot of people that were obeying the law criminals. It amazes me that politicians believe that by simply passing a law the bad guy will suddenly stop being a bad guy.

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    This is NY. It's such a heavily blue state there should be little surprise this sort of thing happened. The positive is that there is about to be an increase in "high capacity" magazines being sold online from NY state. Sure, many people will ignore this new law but there will be plenty who won't want to be busted for a misdemeanor as well.

2ndAmendmentdefender

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Indiana
    This is NY. It's such a heavily blue state there should be little surprise this sort of thing happened. The positive is that there is about to be an increase in "high capacity" magazines being sold online from NY state. Sure, many people will ignore this new law but there will be plenty who won't want to be busted for a misdemeanor as well.

Time to start watching Ebay!

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    everyone thinks this country is so damn precious and untouchable, that were insulated to terrorism and violence and fascism.

i promise you, when people start forgetting what their rights are, creator-given and otherwise, is the moment you lose them.

if i told you, on 9/10/01, that some pissed off muslims were going to fly jets into civilian targets, you've have called me a nutcase.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Correct

everyone thinks this country is so damn precious and untouchable, that were insulated to terrorism and violence and fascism.

i promise you, when people start forgetting what their rights are, creator-given and otherwise, is the moment you lose them.

if i told you, on 9/10/01, that some pissed off muslims were going to fly jets into civilian targets, you've have called me a nutcase.

I agree! And there are people who would still rather blame anybody but the muslim terrorists who did it! 9/11/01 just shoved some people's heads deeper into the sand............or???????

We are pretty vulnerable. Sadly, we are more vulnerable from within than we've ever been.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I agree! And there are people who would still rather blame anybody but the muslim terrorists who did it! 9/11/01 just shoved some people's heads deeper into the sand............or???????

We are pretty vulnerable. Sadly, we are more vulnerable from within than we've ever been.

I can agree up to a point regarding the terrorists. My point of contention is that we have had people trying to do this long before they appeared on the scene. They did create the crisis that was not let go to waste, but there is plenty of culpability to go around so far as trampling our rights is concerned.

SecondhandSnake

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2013
    As a former NYS resident, albeit from upstate, I didn't think they could pass such a sweeping bill with bipartisan support, but boy was I wrong.

Sdixon

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 24, 2009
    Wayne county
    It has happened in several other countries, it can and appears to be happening here now.
    I know its easy to write of states like NY and CA as crazy gun hating liberal states, but look how much things have changed in just a generation. It wasnt that long ago that these kind of laws would be have been inconceivable even in New York.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Well -- and I don't mean this to kick them when they are down, as they were totally ****ed on this deal and I feel sympathy for them -- who voted for all those **********s in the legislature that passed this? Worse, how many that are now ROYALLY screwed, didn't even vote at all?

And yes, I get that NYC pulls the strings like Chi-town in Illinois, but maybe (hopefully?) this will be a wake up call for all the, "As long as I can have my 1911, my Garand and my trap gun, gun control doesn't concern me. Who needs 'assault weapons' anyway?" types.

It's time for the inert to get going, is my point. I apologize to those in NY who are "carrying the mail" on this issue, so to speak. My comments aren't aimed at them. It's the "but what can I do?" pus-guts that need to buck the **** up. Gun owners are as large of a, if not larger, 'minority' than many other groups seeking and advocating for -- and rightfully so, I might add! -- their rights. Other groups are LOUD and UNASHAMED about insisting on their equality and rights. Here, we ****ing kvetch about whether it is a good idea to put a ****ing NRA sticker on our cars! How the in hell are we going to advocate for our cause if we can't man up and put a ****ing sticker on our cars?!?!?! (see https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...endment/262162-nra_stickers_and_your_car.html)

Last edited:
    Top Bottom