• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Alright. We have eliminated every cartel member from El Paso to the tip of South America. Every single one. Every Pablo Escobar and every Manuel Noriega. What are we going to do with the 100 million people in the US that want drugs? Who is going to fill that market? More cartels? Make no mistake, the market will be filled. Whether its rum runners, moonshiners, opium farmers or pot growers, people want to get high. They always have, and always will. Or, do you think global prohibition is going to work. In addition, what are you going to do with all of the collapsed banks around the world after the 100's of billion of narco dollars dry up? Some analysts credit these narco dollars as the only thing that prevented a total collapse of the world monetary system within the past 5 years.

Of course, this is after the sovereign nation of Mexico allows border incursions to occur by our military. This is something, at least for me, I would never be down for. A foreign military force occupying my country. I can't believe many Mexicans would go for that either.

You do know that most Weed in this Country is grown right here, right? It also comes from Canada or overseas. But mostly here. The only major drug coming in from the Southern Countries is Coke and Heroin. Meth, pot, Extasy, and most other drugs come from right here in America. Sure, a lot of pot comes across the border. But not in the volume you would think.

That's not even really the point. Cartels are into much more than just drugs. They are into murder for hire, kidnapping, human trafficking, money laundering, black market weapons.... the list goes on. My reasoning for going after the cartels has NOTHING to do with drugs, but to stop the cross border violence and killing.

So, we can assume you'll be OK with Mexican troops coming across the US border to go after the real problem, the users, right? Fair's fair. If you're going to escalate the war on drugs you might as well go all out. After all, it's worked so well up till now.

If they're pursuing violent criminals that came from their side of the fence, ok. Pursuing users of drugs? That's just ridiculous. That would be like saying our police could patrol Mexico for speeders. That's not what's being discussed. I'm talking about violent felons by both Country's standards. Although I'm not sure how many Mexican murderers come here for asylum, but I'm sure it's not as many that head south.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    You do know that most Weed in this Country is grown right here, right? It also comes from Canada or overseas. But mostly here. The only major drug coming in from the Southern Countries is Coke and Heroin. Meth, pot, Extasy, and most other drugs come from right here in America. Sure, a lot of pot comes across the border. But not in the volume you would think.

That's not even really the point. Cartels are into much more than just drugs. They are into murder for hire, kidnapping, human trafficking, money laundering, black market weapons.... the list goes on. My reasoning for going after the cartels has NOTHING to do with drugs, but to stop the cross border violence and killing.

I think we have approached the 5th amendment threshold.

Most of the weed white people smoke; yes it is grown in the US. How did you feel when your guy whipped out a bag of crappy Mexican brick? That stuff comes in by the semi and is distributed throughout major metros and to the poorer individuals in the US. Most Junk is cultivated in Asia and imported through Central America. They are middle men. Most meth comes from south of the border because you can buy the reagents necessary for its synthesis by the drum. X is also hard to make in the US because its difficult to get your hands on a tablet press. Thus you see odd pop icons printed on tabs that are completely not popular to the target audience.

Of course cartels are taking on other illegal business ventures. Drugs have bought them a private army and paid off nearly all law enforcement and government officials. If your job is smuggling, its not that hard to hatch a plan to smuggle a few people seeing as you are sending a 52' semi full of weed north once a month. Crime, attracts crime. Once you crossed the threshold, the human condition will dictate that you push that threshold a little more if you know it will line your pockets with easy cash.

libertybear

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Morristown
    Yes it should be written as a Declaration of War against Mexico they either need to get it under control or we should invade Mexico immediately and treat it as any other operation securing the borders on all sides including the American side. That should get our secure border :)

Seriously though something needs to be done.

Does this sound good yet?

Top Bottom