• ...and so much more!
  • Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    We need to employ willing workers and put them on the border. Give them training, good pay, benefits and make them permanent jobs.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Why are the drug cartels so violent? Where does the money come from to fund their violence, buy guns, buy off law enforcement, and devlop a network of distribtion? Heck, why do drug cartels even exist? I don't fell the solution is to continualy pump money into an un-winnable war at the expense of not only our national debt, but also our civil liberties. Building fences and deploying the military to the border isn't going to extinguish American's desire for drugs. Its time to evaluate the true effects of the War on some Drugs. Afterall, it goes hand in hand with the War on Guns. Legislators are already looking to use this violence as a catalyst for gun control.

I also have no interest in ratcheting up the Police State another couple notches. Eventually, as history has proven, everyone will get tangled up in it at some point. One extra form to fill out here or there, say when you buy a firearm. Another little tax here or there to fund a task force. The Supreme Court has already ruled that 100 miles in from the border, the Constitution doesn't apply as they allowed road blocks to be set up for the sole purpose of checking citizenship. Thats about half of Indiana by the way. As this mentality becomes more accepted, I predict these checkpoints will move further inland most likely the neighborhood level. As shown in the several videos posted recently, its expected of you to have a form of state issued ID on you at all times. Not a trait of a free man.

It sounds cliche, but fences work both ways. I'm not implying that you won't be allowed to leave the country (they won't let you leave with all of your money though), but a fortress mentality develops over generations. A border guarded by the military is counterproductive to freedom of men.

Last edited:

libertybear

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Morristown
    Yes it should be written as a Declaration of War against Mexico they either need to get it under control or we should invade Mexico immediately and treat it as any other operation securing the borders on all sides including the American side. That should get our secure border :)

Seriously though something needs to be done.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Yes it should be written as a Declaration of War against Mexico they either need to get it under control or we should invade Mexico immediately and treat it as any other operation securing the borders on all sides including the American side. That should get our secure border :)

:facepalm:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008

:scratch:

Sure, while some, if not most, Mexican politicians are corrupt, it's the Cartels, not Mexico we should wage war against. Cartels would be easier to conquer as we already know who most of them are and where they are.

Top Secret Operation with permission of Mexico to go after Mexican Cartels. Don't need to worry about any other Countries since they are not on our border. If we're lucky, the Cartels will scurry south and not come back. :twocents:

MadBomber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Brownsburg
    A bill?

Ummm, we already a blue zillion laws on immigration.

What we need is political will . . . yeah, I know, not gonna happen.:D

Cuz another law will solve everything.

:scratch:

Sure, while some, if not most, Mexican politicians are corrupt, it's the Cartels, not Mexico we should wage war against. Cartels would be easier to conquer as we already know who most of them are and where they are.

Top Secret Operation with permission of Mexico to go after Mexican Cartels. Don't need to worry about any other Countries since they are not on our border. If we're lucky, the Cartels will scurry south and not come back. :twocents:

No more laws that will only be half-assed enforced anyway. And SE is right; declare war on the cartels. They are as much a threat to the Mexican government as they are to us. A joint US-Mexican Special Forces operation could hunt them down and put them out of business. Then, we legalize marijuana and treat it just like alcohol.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    If we're lucky, the Cartels will scurry south and not come back. :twocents:

Kind of like how AQ #2's never come back, right? You can't win a war against the cartels. You can lean on them and they cut back operations for a while. But, the profit motive will entice others to fill the gaps. Really, can you blame them? If you could sell your crops for a 7000% markup, pay no taxes, fees, dues, never have to worry about OSHA or any other compliance department like the SS administration, FDA, CDC, consumer protection services...I'll stop there..wouldn't you?

MadBomber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Brownsburg
    Kind of like how AQ #2's never come back, right? You can't win a war against the cartels. You can lean on them and they cut back operations for a while. But, the profit motive will entice others to fill the gaps. Really, can you blame them? If you could sell your crops for a 7000% markup, pay no taxes, fees, dues, never have to worry about OSHA or any other compliance department like the SS administration, FDA, CDC, consumer protection services...I'll stop there..wouldn't you?

Not to mention that they hire out the mule work for pennies on the dollar, and never face any real personal risk.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008

You could be right. I didn't post that not thinking about how the war on terror is going. However, it would be much easier to shut down the cartels if Mexico would allow our troops free reign to go a certain distance inside Mexico to pursue those who break our laws. It would make our borders safer with Cartels knowing that our troops have authority to cross the border far enough to put two in their head.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    You could be right. I didn't post that not thinking about how the war on terror is going. However, it would be much easier to shut down the cartels if Mexico would allow our troops free reign to go a certain distance inside Mexico to pursue those who break our laws. It would make our borders safer with Cartels knowing that our troops have authority to cross the border far enough to put two in their head.

Alright. We have eliminated every cartel member from El Paso to the tip of South America. Every single one. Every Pablo Escobar and every Manuel Noriega. What are we going to do with the 100 million people in the US that want drugs? Who is going to fill that market? More cartels? Make no mistake, the market will be filled. Whether its rum runners, moonshiners, opium farmers or pot growers, people want to get high. They always have, and always will. Or, do you think global prohibition is going to work. In addition, what are you going to do with all of the collapsed banks around the world after the 100's of billion of narco dollars dry up? Some analysts credit these narco dollars as the only thing that prevented a total collapse of the world monetary system within the past 5 years.

Of course, this is after the sovereign nation of Mexico allows border incursions to occur by our military. This is something, at least for me, I would never be down for. A foreign military force occupying my country. I can't believe many Mexicans would go for that either.

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    A heard one of the best border proposals that I have ever heard from the flaming liberal Tony Campolo. He said something to the effect of, we need to build a very secure wall with very wide gates to allow honest hard working people to come in."

I like this idea because if it were easy for honest people to come in legally, we would know that everyone coming across between the gates was up to no good! Then a bunch of well placed sniper towers will do the trick.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    So, we can assume you'll be OK with Mexican troops coming across the US border to go after the real problem, the users, right? Fair's fair. If you're going to escalate the war on drugs you might as well go all out. After all, it's worked so well up till now.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    If there wasn't a market for drugs, they wouldn't be here. Whose fault is that? Could it be us!

Humans want to get high. This is nothing new. Its been going on since we started walking upright. Hell, probably happened before that as other animals have demonstrated an urge to alter their state. But, that won't stop the prohibitionists and moral crusaders. If only they realized they cause more harm with policy than any plant created by God ever could.

Top Bottom