• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    Had the permanancy hearing today and DCS, Guardian and the court agree with the termination of her mothers rights and adoption. We have temporary change of custody and some more filings and paperwork to go through, but she is never being returned to her mother. We are on the road to adopting our girl.
    Shesback021.jpg

jennybird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Martinsville, IN
    Although I am feeling a bit disturbed at the idea of a mother's rights being taken away, I hate to think what possibly happened to this child that would call for such measures.

Congratulations to you and your wife. And even more so to the cute little girl in the picture! Take good care of her.

:yesway:

D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    It's a long story but I'll hit the high points;
    Born with Cocaine in her system and going through withdrawl.
    Domestic violence charge against the live in/boyfriend (not the father) moved from county after a "do not contact" order to stay together
    Mother attempted suicide, boyfriend dropped mother and child off at grandfathers house with towels wrapped around both moms wrists.
    mommy tried to drown her, stopped by her sister who took the child into another room and locked the door.
    arrested for domestic again, along with battery, possesion and paraphenalia.
    arrested for public intox a few months later.
    numerous failed drug tests.
    finally failed a drug test while under house arrest.
    Those are the high lights of this case. Before our girl was born mommy was a convicted felon for breaking into a vets office to steal drugs, prostitution, various drug charges. This is the third time she has been removed, she has been placed with us all three times. She has lived with us more than with her mother.
    She also has a son who is 10 but her rights were terminated with him when he was 4 after threatening to kill him and commit suicide.
    And yes her mommy is our oldest daughter.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break_room/40351-we_got_her_back-5.html#post439218

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    God bless you, and keep both you and her safe. Someday mommy might change, someday not, but that is not your job.

I am sure all of this is full of happiness, sadness, and confusion. Just be sure to protect her and hug her alot and the rest will work itself out.

Congrats!

Buckaroo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    NWI
    Glad to hear she will be in good hands but very sorry about your daughter's choices and the suffering it has caused.

I pray the Lord's blessings upon you and your family. and may His love bring healing and some day, restoration.

Buckaroo

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Excellent- congrats! I stood by some close friends as they went thru this process. I know it ain't easy.

hardtrailz400

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Batesvegas
    HOORAY for the good guys. Glad you are winning the struggle. Give her the life every child deserves.
    Thank you for caring and looking out for a child.

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    Congrats on finally getting her permanantly!! I'm glad you were able to get her out of that dangerous environment. I hope God will bless and protect you as I know you will do your best to take care of her and provide her with what she needs. I hope that someday the mom does get her act together and life straightened out.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Although I am feeling a bit disturbed at the idea of a mother's rights being taken away, I hate to think what possibly happened to this child that would call for such measures.

Congratulations to you and your wife. And even more so to the cute little girl in the picture! Take good care of her.

:yesway:

I feel disturbed at the amount of leeway a horrible, abusive, drug addicted mother can get from the courts when there is a good family that will take care a child to the fullest (see my story from the last thread).

Congratulations D-Ric, you are one step closer to securing a good life for that beautiful, little angel.

jennybird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Martinsville, IN
    I feel disturbed at the amount of leeway a horrible, abusive, drug addicted mother can get from the courts when there is a good family that will take care a child to the fullest (see my story from the last thread).

I absolutely agree with you there... don't misunderstand me. I have a strong "mama bear" instinct and it's hard for me to wrap my head around how a mother can do things that would harm her child. It's beyond me. I have no sympathy for abusive parents. That's why I find the entire thing disturbing... that a mother could behave in such a way.

I'm SO glad this little girl will be taken care of with the love she deserves. She sure is a cutie-pie!

concrete dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 19, 2008
    Goshen
    good luck

well thank god the court system finally worked for the good guy.she is lucky to have you guys looking out for safety.maybe someday her mom will wake up and play a( small)part in her life,but if not she has great grandparents

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I absolutely agree with you there... don't misunderstand me. I have a strong "mama bear" instinct and it's hard for me to wrap my head around how a mother can do things that would harm her child. It's beyond me. I have no sympathy for abusive parents. That's why I find the entire thing disturbing... that a mother could behave in such a way.

I'm SO glad this little girl will be taken care of with the love she deserves. She sure is a cutie-pie!

Ahh, gotcha...

How anyone could do anything to harm a child, let alone their own flesh and blood is beyond comprehension for me.

MadBomber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Brownsburg
    Blessings on you and your entire family. Also, I'll say a prayer for your daughter and hope she's able to recover and turn her life around.

clt46910

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Akron Indiana
    Bless you guys to have the patience and fortitude to stick with her during the long court procedures. I know how frustrating it can be. You saved that child and know she now has a chance that she did not have before. I believe you will hold a special place in Heaven.

Top Bottom