• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    The military has stepped up it's "Urban" training as well. Right here in Indiana troops are being trained in house to house clearing, searching and weapons confiscation. This is all done under the umbrella of Homeland Security reasons of course. The problem is that we don't know who they are trying to keep secure.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Typical Bureaucrats !!! Attack & Blame Legal, Law Abiding Americans because They Will Take It and Not Fight Back. TSA, ATF Tactics against Innocent Americans. Place Responsibility on True Terrorists Suspects and ACLU Will Fight for Them or the PC Crowd will Label Them/Us Racists or Religious zealots Typical BS that I would Expect from these Folk :noway:

DanO

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    NW IN
    I read the entire post.
    I found it alarmist. It was obvious he was a local LEO, and I have attended, and presented a lot of training from DHS. I disagree in general with his conclusions. We have a lot more important things to do than concern ourselves with patriots who are also preppers. This can only be good for our society in the case of any emergency.

WHile I have never heard a single DHS presenter ever ask attendees or even suggest that they watch for people stockpiling prep supplies, it just makes good sense to keep your preps to yourself. In the event of an emergency, human nature - whether in the form of a mob of ill prepared neighbors or your local government "ensuring the good of all" will take the most expedient solution to a problem and that solution might be your food, water, meds and fuel.

I must stock up on tinfoil.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Oh, that site is generally much more alarmist than I am (forgot to put the question mark on the end of the thread title.) Mostly looking for actual experience from members here.

Agree that you should keep your preps to yourself.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    The military has stepped up it's "Urban" training as well. Right here in Indiana troops are being trained in house to house clearing, searching and weapons confiscation. This is all done under the umbrella of Homeland Security reasons of course. The problem is that we don't know who they are trying to keep secure.

Not to try to assuage your fears or anything, but have you considered that much of the fighting going on in Iraq and Afghanistan for the past few years has been "house-to-house"? That is probably sufficient explanation for the fact that the military is conducting training of this sort. The fact that the Adjutant General of the Indiana National Guard had the foresight to position the state as an Urban Training Center has more to due with the availability of funding and jobs than planning for countering civil insurrection. How do I know this? Because he was on my helo when he made several pitches to DoD personnel some years ago...

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Not to try to assuage your fears or anything, but have you considered that much of the fighting going on in Iraq and Afghanistan for the past few years has been "house-to-house"? That is probably sufficient explanation for the fact that the military is conducting training of this sort. The fact that the Adjutant General of the Indiana National Guard had the foresight to position the state as an Urban Training Center has more to due with the availability of funding and jobs than planning for countering civil insurrection. How do I know this? Because he was on my helo when he made several pitches to DoD personnel some years ago...

How dare you bring Logic and fact into this... :popcorn:

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Not to try to assuage your fears or anything, but have you considered that much of the fighting going on in Iraq and Afghanistan for the past few years has been "house-to-house"? That is probably sufficient explanation for the fact that the military is conducting training of this sort.

Yep, the military training for house-to-house combat isn't worrying for me in the least. Police getting house clearing training, or SWAT getting hostage rescue training, doesn't even worry me.

Police getting coaching on making a Mormon plumber who reloads into a terrorist suspect is very troubling.

caneman

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    Lagrange County
    Even back 35 years ago when I was going through the police academy the BATF agent who taught us a couple of classes even treated the academy staff as enemies. Typical of all the Feds I ever encountered.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    Yep, the military training for house-to-house combat isn't worrying for me in the least. Police getting house clearing training, or SWAT getting hostage rescue training, doesn't even worry me.

Police getting coaching on making a Mormon plumber who reloads into a terrorist suspect is very troubling.

I can't believe you would actually think that anyone at our government core would do such a thing. They are here to help you not to hurt you. Some people just won't ever understand that four little letters will always mean safety and security. F E M A

Edit... B A T F also works but they are still all FUBAR in my opinion.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    im not a cop, but I have been to recent DHS training and I will be invited to and attend more and I will say the article seems to hit it on the head. WE ARE MOVING TO A POLICE STATE!!! people who deny it are either too far in it to see, or they dont even know what a police state is. The govt knows a total collapse in on the near horizon and this will be the only way they can maintain control over the sheep (through fear). I cant stress enough to people how important it is to not be "a sheep" among the wolves. when you know something isnt right, make sure you resist!

Last edited:

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    The Spin Doctors at the Alphabet Agencies can make anyone appear to be whatever they want the Masses to believe they are...

yeah thats because the majority of people are still stupid enough to believe what the government tells (feeds) them. even on INGO you can see it. if you say something bad about an agency or the government, theres always the same old crowd who starts in with the tin foil and troll comments. when SHTF they will be the first to get their bar-code.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    yeah thats because the majority of people are still stupid enough to believe what the government tells (feeds) them. even on INGO you can see it. if you say something bad about an agency or the government, theres always the same old crowd who starts in with the tin foil and troll comments. when SHTF they will be the first to get their bar-code.

The government has never let us down before and will be there for us when we need them.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon

Yeah, I realize that this training is needed for real wars, but as one of the instructors who teaches down there told me they are shifting, or dropping subtle references, the training towards "more local events". I believe this man with my life and he has no reason to lie to me. Katrina comes to mind here.

Top Bottom