KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Anybody who is at the 1500 8-10 March who wants to sign up/return? I'll give you my best elevator speech. I'll sign you up for the ISRPA while we're at it. Two elevator speeches! (DISCLAIMER: I might be out wandering around, but I've always returned.)

NRA-ILA: separate from membership funds. John Weber (NRA-ILA Lobbyist) was at the Statehouse for 1084 and 1235 in both House and Senate.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Anybody who is at the 1500 8-10 March who wants to sign up/return? I'll give you my best elevator speech. I'll sign you up for the ISRPA while we're at it. Two elevator speeches! (DISCLAIMER: I might be out wandering around, but I've always returned.)

NRA-ILA: separate from membership funds. John Weber (NRA-ILA Lobbyist) was at the Statehouse for 1084 and 1235 in both House and Senate.
    I hope a lot do, we must try to rebuild back to the juggernaut the anti’s feared…

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Nope, before all this I supported Adam Kraut and his plan to reform several things. But the left co-opted the members to destroy the organization. I hope I am wrong but I don’t ever see it being what it was. We needed an orderly transition from WLP.
    Does that orderly transition involve more bespoke suits, expensive junkets, four star meals and private jets because the pigs his replacement wants to wallow with expect that? Burn it down

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Do you have anything not from those trying to get power or those trying to destroy the organization? Is that too much to ask for? The facts from someone not benefiting from it?
    Do you have any facts from someone not benefiting from it? Seems like WLP and cronies not admitting to the corruption are also benefitting from their 'truth' and should not be given much more credence than the NY AG

Has Wayne actually denied the specifics of the accusations under oath? If he has, I'm not aware of it. You would think an innocent man would want to clear his name

Maybe the AG has the receipts

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Does that orderly transition involve more bespoke suits, expensive junkets, four star meals and private jets because the pigs his replacement wants to wallow with expect that? Burn it down
    You and yours already have. That particular point came when the left stopped fearing and started laughing. If I were them I’d laugh too.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Do you have any facts from someone not benefiting from it? Seems like WLP and cronies not admitting to the corruption are also benefitting from their 'truth' and should not be given much more credence than the NY AG

Has Wayne actually denied the specifics of the accusations under oath? If he has, I'm not aware of it. You would think an innocent man would want to clear his name

Maybe the AG has the receipts
    Maybe they do have receipts, please share them? I truly wonder if the suits even went to WLP’s closet or that the family was on vacation. Maybe they were but the way this has all gone down makes me wonder…

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    As biased as this article is it also details out some history and just how big of an impact WLP had on the organization.

For most of its existence, the NRA supported gun control regulations that would seem strict by today's standards. “I do not believe in the general promiscuous toting of guns. I think it should be sharply restricted and only under licenses,NRA president Karl Frederick said during a Congressional hearing in the 1930s”.

“In the 1950s, the NRA's motto was "Firearms Safety Education, Marksmanship Training, Shooting for Recreation,” according to Gunfight: The Battle Over the Right to Bear Arms in America, the 2010 book by UCLA Law School professor Adam Winkler.

That is your NRA. Some of you may have some history not mentioned in the article.

However, in 1977—about the time a young Wayne LaPierre became an NRA employee—a conservative faction took over NRA leadership focused on guaranteeing gun ownership as a legal right for all Americans, and not just members of a "well regulated militia" as mentioned in the Second Amendment. Under new leaders, the NRA motto was changed to: “The Right of the People to Keep and Bear Arms Shall Not Be Infringed.”

“NRA revenues have climbed from $100 million in 1995, to $228 million in 2010, and up to $337 million in 2015. Less than half of the NRA's money reportedly comes from membership dues—currently priced at one year for $40, five years for $140, or $1,500 for a lifetime. Instead, the lion's share of NRA revenues comes from the gun industry and large corporations
    ”.

Sounds like pretty successful leadership to make such a dramatic change.

In the 2010 book Outgunned: Up Against the NRA…”

“Above all, many say that LaPierre is simply a professional political operator. "He represents a real departure for the NRA," Osha Gray Davidson, the author of the 1993 book Under Fire: The, the NRA and the Battle for Gun Control, said in 1995, after LaPierre had been in charge of the NRA for a few years. "He's the first leader for the NRA that doesn't come from the shooting-sports and hunting area. He's a politician
    ."

Why do so many get their underwear in a bunch over our politician being just that, a politician? Ever think that may be why they targeted him specifically because he has been effective at the state legislatures and keeping elected politicians in check at the national level?

The NRA needs a skilled politician to take over this mess, learning on the job will not do now.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Maybe they do have receipts, please share them? I truly wonder if the suits even went to WLP’s closet or that the family was on vacation. Maybe they were but the way this has all gone down makes me wonder…
    You seem willing to explain anyone. North might have been out for himself. What about Joshua Powell?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    You seem willing to explain anyone. North might have been out for himself. What about Joshua Powell?
    Just for the record, as I have repeatedly said, I do not know. That said my speculation is what they actually did with some very powerful people would have been a more painful penalty than what they copped to if it came out.

Does it seem that far fetched that this so called corruption they are accused of amassing could have easily been gotten from the rubber stamp BOD with absolutely no criminal or even ethical risk? I believe it could. So why take that risk?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    You and yours already have. That particular point came when the left stopped fearing and started laughing. If I were them I’d laugh too.
    The real power of the NRA was and still is the voting bloc, whether they’re members or not. How that power was wielded is the rating system and voting guides. If you’re a Republican lawmaker today, you still must worry about that. To the same extent? Not really. Is it burned down? Well I think you’re making more of it than there actually is.

The question is, is it burned down enough so that the next NRA CEO is WLP 2.0? Probably not. The board has too much power and still have people on it that are not our friends.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    The real power of the NRA was and still is the voting bloc, whether they’re members or not. How that power was wielded is the rating system and voting guides. If you’re a Republican lawmaker today, you still must worry about that. To the same extent? Not really. Is it burned down? Well I think you’re making more of it than there actually is.

The question is, is it burned down enough so that the next NRA CEO is WLP 2.0? Probably not. The board has too much power and still have people on it that are not our friends.
    The voting bloc has been disrupted and funds are greatly reduced and likely being used to maintain an existence while cutting back I suspect.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The voting bloc has been disrupted and funds are greatly reduced and likely being used to maintain an existence while cutting back I suspect.
    To whatever extent the NRA has been diminished, It's not going to get better unless some changes are made.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    This thread is a hilariously ironic answer to the question "Why Are Republicans So Soft In Red States, Like Indiana?"
    Right? The nerve of those softies. They **** and moan because they don't like corrupt leaders using their money for personal gain? ****ing pussies. It should be like the good ole days when a man took a good ****ing like a man and kept paying their dues for the good ****ing.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

Wayne LaPierre, the National Rifle Association’s longtime leader, confirmed under oath in a New York City courtroom Friday that he used the organization’s financial resources on chartered private jets, family trips, black car services and high-end gifts for friends.
    LaPierre testified that he had no knowledge of the large sums the NRA was spending on chartered private planes and black car services, though he did not dispute the dollar figures when presented with invoices and receipts.

He confirmed under oath that NRA funds were used to bankroll a flight from the Bahamas to Washington, D.C., in 2017 that cost more than $22,000, for example. He conceded that NRA rules mandate that employees fly coach.

He testified that, on occasion, family members would fly on private planes when he was not present. He authorized a $11,000 flight taken by his niece Colleen Sterner, an NRA employee, and her daughter, for instance.

He testified that he and his family often traveled on a luxury yacht, known as Illusions, owned by David McKenzie, the head of a television production company that had a contract with the NRA. McKenzie and his wife hosted the LaPierres for vacations in the Bahamas and joined them for trips to India and Abu Dhabi.
    Was not aware that the Bahamas, India and Abu Dhabi had votes on second amendment issues and thus needed to be lobbied by the NRA's 'superstar lobbyist'

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

Was not aware that the Bahamas, India and Abu Dhabi had votes on second amendment issues and thus needed to be lobbied by the NRA's 'superstar lobbyist'
    Something just doesn’t make sense. But maybe he got too confident he was untouchable. What is he going to say? I gave that trip to senator x?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom