• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mconley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 17, 2008
    Hendricks Co.
    I am courious, this is not my first wasr, but is my first AK I have decided to take notice in the markings, and history of a particular AK (if there is any history to be found with this one). I was reading and researching the different markings found on romis and found the markings on mine to have no information to be found. I read all about "triangle with arrow", but I just find a triangle. No arrow to be found. Not even faint. Then there is the marking below it I cannot find info on. This is just me trying to gain info in the AK world. Can anyone help me with markings, dates, and prof marks?

if it matters or helps. All serial numbers match on this rifle.

MikeyB

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2011
    The triangle wth no arrow is pretty common from what I understand. I've owned 3 Wasr over the last few years and one had the triangle only. It's still made in the same factory. The lower marking I can not say. Proof mark?

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    I think the lower one is a goof up / tool mark / or something like that. As far as the trunnion, some have triangles, some triangle / arrow, and some with nothing at all.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    I'm pretty sure the lower mark is a proof mark. I've seen similar markings on some AKs, though usually in different spots than that.

Top Bottom