WARNING! TSA deems cupcakes a terror threat!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Now I feel so much safer. I've always been terrified of baked goods ever since my nanny force fed them to me as a punishment when I was five. The TSA is taking the right step in banning these weapons of mass destruction. If we hadn't given up our rights, liberty, and dignity just to take a trip on a crowded plane, then the terrorists would have already won.

Remember: cup cakes, Osama bin Laden's favorite food!

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    images

yup he may be dead but he did win this war!

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    The TSA is nothing more than a statist pig organization of brown shirts.

May it disband or may it burn in Hell... Which path I do not care.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I think a TSA agent was just hungry. Seriously though, when will people realize that the slight risk we run of a terrorist attack is a much better option than all this silly false security crap? I'm not very old and I can remember going down to the gates to welcome my uncle to town over the holidays every year. You can't get out of the lobby these days.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    It makes me sick to hear people that say they put up with strip searches at airports, not being able to bring a bottle of water near an airliner, and now cupcakes, all in the name of feeling safe.

Back in the days when I was a kid, my dad would take me to Idlewild Airport (pre-JFK) and we would stand behind a gate, feet away from the airplanes, and enjoy the prop-blast. Back then the crash rate of airliners was so bad that in today's feel good society, all Constellations, DC-6s, DC-7s, Stratocruisers, and all others would be banned as being unsafe because of the number of crashes almost daily. Heck nearly 50% of the Constellations crashed. Yet nobody complained because that was the risk you took for the freedom of traveling.

Contrast that with today, where the planes are so safe we go years between a single airliner fatality in this country, yet in order to board a plane we put up with nearly useless infringements on our freedoms.

The founding fathers would be ashamed of today's Americans.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    It makes me sick to hear people that say they put up with strip searches at airports, not being able to bring a bottle of water near an airliner, and now cupcakes, all in the name of feeling safe.

Back in the days when I was a kid, my dad would take me to Idlewild Airport (pre-JFK) and we would stand behind a gate, feet away from the airplanes, and enjoy the prop-blast. Back then the crash rate of airliners was so bad that in today's feel good society, all Constellations, DC-6s, DC-7s, Stratocruisers, and all others would be banned as being unsafe because of the number of crashes almost daily. Heck nearly 50% of the Constellations crashed. Yet nobody complained because that was the risk you took for the freedom of traveling.

Contrast that with today, where the planes are so safe we go years between a single airliner fatality in this country, yet in order to board a plane we put up with nearly useless infringements on our freedoms.

The founding fathers would be ashamed of today's Americans.

I agree.I know there is a risk anytime I take the plane but im willing to take it.
    You have more chance of getting killed anytime you take your car on the road than you have to get killed in a plance, even without the TSA the chances of terrorist attacks would still be far lower than the chances to die in your car.
    We all know that we cant be 100% safe when we travel.
    So I would still travel without the TSA but at least I would have some of my rights back.
    The TSA makes me nervous more than anything anytime I take the plane.
    You never know what they will take away from you for "safety reason".
    Will that be my expensive flashlight, my watch, my cookies? :dunno:
    Let's wait and see.
    And if you say anything about them taking your stuff away from you they will have you arrested for being a threat to the national security. :n00b:

bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Back then the crash rate of airliners was so bad that in today's feel good society, all Constellations, DC-6s, DC-7s, Stratocruisers, and all others would be banned as being unsafe because of the number of crashes almost daily. Heck nearly 50% of the Constellations crashed. Yet nobody complained because that was the risk you took for the freedom of traveling.

Do you think the TSA actually reflects what most Americans want? It certainly seems like it, for the paragraphs above suggest that the braver men of yore put up with the risks for freedom, but today we're too cowardly to do so, so we give up freedom for security. And you know what Benjamin Franklin says.

The majority of Americans probably never wanted so many wars, corporate bailouts, or the TSA. But these things are being forced on us. I'd say that the populace has been unable to act effectively against better-organized, well-heeled interest groups (whatever they are). If you follow the money, it certainly looks like cash is flowing in one direction. Some politicians play off the people's fears, sure, but the TSA and the like do not represent us. So I think we've been on the losing end of a political battle, and that's resulted in the Tea Party and Occupy Wall Street, both of which are the outpour of populist rage, though from different ends of the political spectrum.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    ATTENTION TOWNSPEOPLE: BEWARE OF CUPCAKES! | Chicks On The Right

A lady boarded her plane in Logan with 2 cupcakes. Ate one and then got to Vegas for her connecting flight. However the TSA at Vegas took her cupcake away as they deemed the "gel" on the cupcake as a possible threat! :rolleyes:

I wonder if the TSA agent was just not hungry for a treat.:dunno:

-Jedi

THIS ISN'T A JOKING MATTER!!!! I've seen thighs that have literally exploded as a result of that seemingly innocent gel on the top of a cupcake.

Well actually it was probably several thousand cupcakes, but EXPLODING THIGHS ARE NOTHING TO BE LAUGHED AT!!!:n00b:

Top Bottom