• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Iurobz

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    So today, I need to send out a package. I go out to the garage and find a box that's the perfect size. I pack it, and just when I'm getting ready to tape it shut I notice that I might have a slight problem. Anyone else think that this might be red flag? Lesson: Be careful when reusing the box your powder order cam in.

Attachments

• IMG_2410.jpeg
      IMG_2410.jpeg
      357.1 KB · Views: 29

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Yup. Don't use it to ship anything normal as it is. If it's a sticker I just peel it off. Or you can cover it with paper taped over it, but don't leave it as it is

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Long time ago I worked at a place where the (older female "rule follower") office manager had a rule that everybody had to use a fresh, new box for every shipment, for this very reason.

When I mentioned you could just tape over it, it looked like her brain exploded a little :scratch:

rbhargan

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2012
    Carmel/Liberty
    Long time ago I worked at a place where the (older female "rule follower") office manager had a rule that everybody had to use a fresh, new box for every shipment, for this very reason.

When I mentioned you could just tape over it, it looked like her brain exploded a little :scratch:
    Did her brother work for Inland Paperboard? ;)

Vimace

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2023
    Indianapolis
    Yes, it is a problem, it will be handle as a "hazardous" material, you'll get charged an extra fee, package will be ground only and you'll need to specify its contents

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    152   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    I used to deal in a ton of smokeless powder and hazmat shipping. I had hundreds of those boxes I reused for hazmat, and had to be darn sure anything I was shipping non-hazmat did not accidentally go in one. Ha

But really, they wouldn’t take it at any shipping facility anyways, UPS only do hazmat pickups and will only do them to certified accounts, and if anything goes out without in order paperwork, they just bring it back.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Knock Knock....... I'm with the ATF and I'm here to help

:cool:
    Surprisingly, the FCC helpdesk is INCREDIBLY efficient and helpful. I was shocked. I had to call them today and I was sorted out with zero hassles in under 5 minutes.

Though I'm kinda scared. I dont recall giving them my direct extension at work on any of my applications, but when I called, she knew who I was based on caller ID. Even though its a company phone under the company name. :nailbite:

/threadjack

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    i used it to hide the graphics the covered it in packaging tape to seal it
    The point is painters tape is designed to be easily removed. So if anything happens to snag the edge of that tape, the tape will likely be removed from the box, exposing the label you were trying to hide.
    In the future, use something like Gorilla tape (that will likely take the top layer of the label with it) or paint.

Top Bottom