• ...and so much more!
  • johnny45

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    20 years?

LOL!

The "war on terror" is an excellent tool for the state to use in stripping individuals of their liberty while the idiots simply smile and go along with it.

20 years? No way it will go away that soon. These bastards will keep "the war on terror" alive as long as possible.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Heck, the "War on Drugs" has been going on for 40+/- years, with no end in sight. It is a useful tool for increased taxation and legislation.

The "War on Terror" is no different, and I would expect our government to milk it for as long as possible.

armedhoosier451

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2013
    Greensburg
    20 years seems awfully short. My guess is there will always be some sort of "terror" going on somewhere in the world that our gov feels the need to sniff around in. We are the world police you know.. :dunno:

johnny45

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    The only war going on is the war on the liberties of the American citizen.

That war will continue as long as the American citizen continues to tolerate it.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    I gave a speech in class today against the war on terror. A shame I didn't find this before hand could have used it.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Heck, the "War on Drugs" has been going on for 40+/- years, with no end in sight. It is a useful tool for increased taxation and legislation.

Yeah but the war on poverty has it beat.

Pssst, don't tell anybody, but we aren't really in the war on terror, the war on poverty, or the war on drugs, to win.;)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

The "War on Terror" is no different, and I would expect our government to milk it for as long as possible.

You beat me to this. My thoughts as soon as I saw the thread. Once they get something funded it will only escalate.....never end.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    That's what we get from a government that declares war on a tactic. I heard we're finally close to winning the war on U-boat attacks we started back in WWII.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    They were at war with us long before we accepted that fact. Remember the WTC 1 bombing, USS Cole, etc. It will be going on much longer than another 20 years, unless the world ends before that.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    There have always been nutjobs, and there will always be nutjobs. We cannot stay in a perpetual state of war to try and avoid this.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30

We have always been at war with Eastasia.

Incorrect comrade!
    productimage-picture-oceania-is-at-war-with-eurasia-646.gif

If I were you I would not be saying what you said out loud. Thought crime you have committed and the ministry of LOVE will want to have a word with you.

You just had a false memory comrade that is all. You need to learn to suppress those memories.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    They were at war with us long before we accepted that fact. Remember the WTC 1 bombing, USS Cole, etc. It will be going on much longer than another 20 years, unless the world ends before that.

I think it goes back much further than the 1990's, but as to whom threw the first stone .... Would it be our involvement in making Israel exist?

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I think it goes back much further than the 1990's, but as to whom threw the first stone .... Would it be our involvement in making Israel exist?

That certainly seems to be one of their main excuses. But if we are going back, how about the Barbary Pirates. They were throwing stones at us just as we were being founded and Israel didn't exist. They saw it as their right since we are all kaffir.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

Try again. The six original frigates of the United States Navy were ordered to fight Moslems a century and a half before the establishment of the modern state of Israel. Either your theory is faulty or the Moslems have some incredibly gifted prophets.

Top Bottom