• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CoachStall

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    Johnson County
    I am wanting to shoot a Taurus 24/7 Pro 9mm, prefer fullsize but not against shooting a compact. I would supply the ammo, but being new I am not sure what the "proper" or "typical" meet and shoot I'm not sure whatelse is expected. So just let me know! Looking to try before I buy.

Thanks.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    I am wanting to shoot a Taurus 24/7 Pro 9mm, prefer fullsize but not against shooting a compact. I would supply the ammo, but being new I am not sure what the "proper" or "typical" meet and shoot I'm not sure whatelse is expected. So just let me know! Looking to try before I buy.

Thanks.

You better buy it first... You may not want to after you try one. :)

CoachStall

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    Johnson County
    I have heard both good and bad, but i am optimistic about the 24/7.

This is why i am looking for someone who wouldnt mind splitting some range time with me, so i can get a feel for it.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    I have heard both good and bad, but i am optimistic about the 24/7.

This is why i am looking for someone who wouldnt mind splitting some range time with me, so i can get a feel for it.

i urge you to go a differant route.... thats all i am sayin, my reasoning is in another thread that is still current w/in a day or so maybe sooner. i am not a basher of any one brand, but if i had to choose one from experience..... well

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    May I suggest a Taurus 809, polymer framed like the 24/7, but is hammer fired and comes with 3 diffent backstraps for grip comfort and fit.

Fullsized 4 inch bbl with a 17+1 capacity, decocking safety, with intergrated rail.

While I'm a big Taurus fan, I do prefer a hammer fired firearm and that is why the 24/7 was never on my pick to own list.

msgro22

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2009
    eastside of indy
    knock on wood...... i havent had to use it but, taurus comes with a life time warrenty on all there gun, even if you are the 2nd or 3rd owner.... i am saying, you wont be made you bought one. my:twocents:

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    knock on wood...... i havent had to use it but, taurus comes with a life time warrenty on all there gun, even if you are the 2nd or 3rd owner.... i am saying, you wont be made you bought one. my:twocents:

If you want a Taurus, buy a Taurus.

I would not tout Taurus' lifetime warranty as a game winner. I have experience with their warranty, for a Model 66 that I no longer own, and it was not a fun experience. I had to pay $50 overnight shipping and then had to wait, and wait, and wait, and wait, and wait. Several months later, I received my repaired Taurus... Just in time to sell it.

I currently have a Puma M92 .357 rifle that had to be sent back to BrazTech/Taurus for feeding issues. I own two Pumas, one distributed by LSA and the other by BrazTech/Taurus, and I wish that it was the LSI that developed the feeding issue. I am already 2 months into my wait for the Puma, and I am certain that I won't see it again for at least 4 months more... Yea! Lifetime warranty.

Maybe by "lifetime warranty" they meant that you have to wait a lifetime to have your firearm returned.

As a comparison... I sent my son's M&P9 Pro back to S&W to have the front sight re-centered, while he is deployed. The experience was dramatically different than my Taurus experience. I paid nothing for shipping either way, I had the handgun back in 8 days, and S&W sent me 2 additional magazines for my trouble... Now that's customer service!

nate77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Bunker Hill
    If you want a Taurus, buy a Taurus.

I would not tout Taurus' lifetime warranty as a game winner. I have experience with their warranty, for a Model 66 that I no longer own, and it was not a fun experience. I had to pay $50 overnight shipping and then had to wait, and wait, and wait, and wait, and wait. Several months later, I received my repaired Taurus... Just in time to sell it.

I currently have a Puma M92 .357 rifle that had to be sent back to BrazTech/Taurus for feeding issues. I own two Pumas, one distributed by LSA and the other by BrazTech/Taurus, and I wish that it was the LSI that developed the feeding issue. I am already 2 months into my wait for the Puma, and I am certain that I won't see it again for at least 4 months more... Yea! Lifetime warranty.

Maybe by "lifetime warranty" they meant that you have to wait a lifetime to have your firearm returned.

As a comparison... I sent my son's M&P9 Pro back to S&W to have the front sight re-centered, while he is deployed. The experience was dramatically different than my Taurus experience. I paid nothing for shipping either way, I had the handgun back in 8 days, and S&W sent me 2 additional magazines for my trouble... Now that's customer service!

Taurus must have made vast customer service improvements since your model 66 experience. I just had to send my TCP in for service, and they paid to have it shipped FedEx over night. I just went to fedex's web site, printed out a prepaid label, and dropped it in the nearest fedex drop box. Process was very simple and free. Since Taurus received my gun, they've given me a courtesy call, and sent me a letter letting me know they have it, plus they have a nice web tracking service so you know the status of your gun at all times. During the courtesy call the customer service rep told me I'd have my gun back in 2 to 3 weeks which isn't great, but it is better than some of the horror stories you hear on internet forums.

As for the original poster, I have a 9mm 24/7 OSS and compact you can shoot depending on your proximity to Miami county; just send me a PM.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    Taurus must have made vast customer service improvements since your model 66 experience. I just had to send my TCP in for service, and they paid to have it shipped FedEx over night. I just went to fedex's web site, printed out a prepaid label, and dropped it in the nearest fedex drop box. Process was very simple and free. Since Taurus received my gun, they've given me a courtesy call, and sent me a letter letting me know they have it, plus they have a nice web tracking service so you know the status of your gun at all times. During the courtesy call the customer service rep told me I'd have my gun back in 2 to 3 weeks which isn't great, but it is better than some of the horror stories you hear on internet forums.

As for the original poster, I have a 9mm 24/7 OSS and compact you can shoot depending on your proximity to Miami county; just send me a PM.

I would love to agree with you, but my Puma rifle is a perfect example of what I am talking about. I refused to pay the shipping back to them and instead made it my dealer's problem. The dealer paid the shipping and has not heard a peep from Taurus since. I'm sure that I will see the rifle again, but I won't hold my breath until it arrives.

Top Bottom