• ...and so much more!
  • Noble Sniper

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    132   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    Anderson, Indiana
    I have a Q4SF and had a PDP 5”. I CC the Q4 I like it that well. The best striker fired handgun I’ve ever owned. The PDP was a nice pistol but the slide felt bigger than it needed to be…. Just didn’t care for it as much as the Q4.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I have a Q4SF and had a PDP 5”. I CC the Q4 I like it that well. The best striker fired handgun I’ve ever owned. The PDP was a nice pistol but the slide felt bigger than it needed to be…. Just didn’t care for it as much as the Q4.
    They are a bit over-engineered in the slide much like the HK P30's.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

This steel frame pdp is looking very appealing. Maybe I should say it's alluring.
    Look at that trigger in this video.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.

This steel frame pdp is looking very appealing. Maybe I should say it's alluring.
    Look at that trigger in this video.

Looks great and I love my Q5 SF, well if I could keep it running for more than 20,000 rounds at a time, but another $1800 specialty pistol I don't know.

Basher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 3, 2022
    Lafayette
    I still wanna try a PDP, and a steel option would be sweet for competing or duty use. This certainly “hits” better than the PK380 or whatever that they recently released… :rofl:

Edit: did not see the $1899 MSRP either. Let me add another :rofl: . For that much money, I’m buying another full-house LTT 92G or a used Staccato!

Last edited:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Sold my PDP compact to my stepson who fell in love with it. I'd love to try a PDP-F compact at some point, but I'm in no hurry. Great guns, but I keep going back to my P10C OR.

I Invented the Internet

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2022
    IN
    If Walther ever makes a steel frame F series, I'd be very interested. Matter of fact I'd like to see a lot more plastic framed striker guns get a metal frame option.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    If Walther ever makes a steel frame F series, I'd be very interested. Matter of fact I'd like to see a lot more plastic framed striker guns get a metal frame option.
    I held one of the M&P metal versions at an LGS yesterday for just a moment. Didn't do anything for me, but of course I didn't shoot it.

Last edited:

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    I held one of the M&P metal versions at an LGS yesterday for just a moment. Didn't do anything for me, but if course I didn't shoot it.
    I shot am M&P Metal PC with the comp a rep brought into the store. It was only maybe a touch softer and that was with the metal and comp, but the difference was negligible to me. M&P’s are soft shooting anyway.

I get the added machining costs of steel make it more but at almost 2 grand I’d just get a Staccato even though it’s not steel.

The Walther is a nice gun though

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    What broke on your Q5? Also hoping whatever issue you did have Walther fixed for free.
    The first time I sent it back was because the slide quit locking open. They ended up replacing the slide. Without looking at my logs I think I was only about 30,000 rounds in. This time at about 20,000 it keeps having failure to feed, extract. I tried an extra power extraction spring for it but that only helped for a while so it is going to have to go back again. Going by the Walther forums these are unfortunately fairly common issues.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    While the PDP is a great pistol this isn’t a criticism of Walther just an observation. I feel they would be more popular is they had a product they kept in production for more than 8-15 years. They are like the gun company version of Mitsubishi introducing them discontinuing products.

Hear me out. While companies have to change with the times S&W had the evolution of steel frame DA autos that became a 3rd Gen then after strikers sort of dominated and agencies (which was a large portion of S&W) quit buying so many steel frame DA guns they quietly discontinued but there are enough decades that parts aren’t a problem. The Walther PDX or others not so sure about down the road.

So maybe I’m looking at it wrong but, to me it seems like maybe not a Niche market a little special type of customer in a way.

Of course what’s old is new again here even the strikers are going back to steel frame which not being a metal frame and being lightweight was one of the BIG selling points when the polymer guns hit. Sort of funny!

Thought????

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    oldfish15
    Top Bottom