• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    With commodities on the decline, I don't see a rise in ammo costs coming. If there is a change at all, it'll be in the other direction. Hell, copper and lead are down close to 40% from where they peaked last year.

Last edited:

Gungho1989

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Yes. I thought the exact same thing. :D

Same here I think its time to get back into ratt holin again. I have seen dealer pricing increase at regular intervals and hope it stops but I fear it will get worse before it gets better. I have nothing solid to base that on its just a feeling.

waloidian

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Bloomingtonian
    With commodities on the decline, I don't see a rise in ammo costs coming. If there is a change at all, it'll be in the other direction. Hell, copper and lead are down close to 40% from where they peaked last year.
    shows you how disconnected firearms pricing is related to the market signals. all the fear mongering has effectively worked at raising prices for everyone. more gun sales = more ammo sales = higher prices for all. hopefully everything will crash and regular pricing will resume

slacker

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapols, IN
    payday = ammo buying day. I have been stocking up for a little while now. you can never have enough ammo, and with all the money I am saving on gas lately I can afford to stock pile some ammo. I figure $20 a week in gas savings = 100 rounds of 9mm WWB ammo :)

CandRFan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Kokomo
    Same here I think its time to get back into ratt holin again. I have seen dealer pricing increase at regular intervals and hope it stops but I fear it will get worse before it gets better. I have nothing solid to base that on its just a feeling.

I agree. I rarely have several hundred dollars to go and buy 1,000 rounds or more (I'd rather spend it on a gun...guess I better reverse that thinking though, no ammo and all I got is a nice paperweight.) But I have been buying ammo every chance I get (sales at Walmart or Dunhams, shows) 50 to 200 rounds at a time. I've managed to build up a decent store of the ammo that I shoot most.

hodgej1843

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    SOUTH SIDE INDY
    i have been buying ammo for sometime now from my local southside indy wally world.i do believe they are the cheapest in town to buy ammo,165 grain blazer brass 12.47 a box.cant beat it.gander mountain wants 19.99 for the same box......oh ya that is for the 40 cal

blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    I like ammo....

Damn straight. It's like Homer Simpson and his doughnuts. "Ammmmmooooooo...(drool)."

Lower metal prices should mean lower ammo prices, but the Obama panic is keeping them higher. I'm just gambling that Obama will be too busy with the recession to mess with gun laws and the panic will then subside. THEN I'll buy some ammo.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Remember that all the components for making ammo were bought when the prices were high; I know a person in the lead business and he stated that it may take 2 years for the lower price metal to make it into the system. Another concern is that the EPA last Oct increased by 10 fold the air lead level limit. New level to takes affect 2010 and only 2 smelters in the USA can meet this new limit. So the other will have to upgrade or stop lead production.

Top Bottom