• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jforrest

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Porter County
    Sorry if this has been talked about before.

I was talking to my Grandfather the other day and he suggested what I think is a brilliant idea to help out our auto industry, or get our economy rolling again.

Much like the vouchers you can get for the digital TV conversion boxes, what if the government would have given the American citizen a $10K or $15K voucher to buy a car (only an American COMPANY). Or some amount of $ ,in vouchers so you can't just put the $ away, to spend however you want. Yes they would be spending the same amount of money, but it would have actually helped our economy! I'm no expert on the subject but this just seems to make complete sense to me, give spending money to the population, and they will spend it :faint:

I asked my accounting professor about this and he said it was an excellent idea. The reason he said it this would never pass though is because the government does not trust us enough to make decisions like that on our own. Also, this is more my opinion, that would mean giving more power to us and less to the government, which as we all know the government isn't about to let that happen.

What does everyone think, could this actually have worked? I know its too late now but now I'm just curious.

Top Bottom