• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gassprint1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    So i would like to know something i never came across before.
    I live in Starke county, have a Knox address, pay taxes to the city of knox So why is it i can't vote for any government officials of the city of knox. I was told i had to live in the city limits. Candidates including the mayor were all standing outside the entrance saying stuff to people as they walked in such as Thanks for the support. Couldn't hear the whispering. Of course they were the democrat people. Republicans were by the road.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    I live in Starke county, have a Knox address, pay taxes to the city of knox So why is it i can't vote for any government officials of the city of knox. I was told i had to live in the city limits. Candidates including the mayor were all standing outside the entrance saying stuff to people as they walked in such as Thanks for the support. Couldn't hear the whispering. Of course they were the democrat people. Republicans were by the road.
    I take it you're in the annexed part like I am?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    So the facts we can glean from your post and a couple of questions.

You live in Starke county.

Your mail is delivered by the Knox post office.

Not unusual that multiple precincts are at a polling location with different ballots.

Do you live inside the boundary of this map?

If you do you will vote for mayor etc. and pay Knox city tax.

If you do not you will not vote for mayor and will not pay Knox city tax.

Anything other is taxation without representation and is unconstitutional.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    I always thought if someplace was annexed by a town/city, then they became part of that town/city (ie. in city limits). :scratch:
    Not quite here. They did expand the city limits into part of the annexed part, but only a little bit. I've been around and around with it, because they want to enforce their ordinances here, but I get no benefits to it.

We don't get trash, sewer, leaf pickup etc etc.

gassprint1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    So the facts we can glean from your post and a couple of questions.

You live in Starke county.

Your mail is delivered by the Knox post office.

Not unusual that multiple precincts are at a polling location with different ballots.

Do you live inside the boundary of this map?

If you do you will vote for mayor etc. and pay Knox city tax.

If you do not you will not vote for mayor and will not pay Knox city tax.

Anything other is taxation without representation and is unconstitutional.
    I live outside that area Mike, but we still pay taxes to the city. Something else i was always pissed about was taxes being paid to the damn lil airport that i believe is privately owned...

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Not quite here. They did expand the city limits into part of the annexed part, but only a little bit. I've been around and around with it, because they want to enforce their ordinances here, but I get no benefits to it.

I'd be pissed too! That's BS right there.

ancjr

1 Kings 18:17-18 KJV
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Washington County

Yup. My brother went through the same thing.

gassprint1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    Kinda like that here. The knox police follow NO city limits for where they decide to sit an wait. They sit outside city limits in the county doing the sherrifs job. Years back i blew a bunch of crap to 1 of these city cops because he was not only blocking a driveway i needed to be in, but also the mailbox. He told me they could go anywhere in indiana as a cop. After he kept saying he was going to ticket me for this or that if i didn't leave..i called him a dickhead and left. In retaliation, he waited for me to get lil ways down the road and then come after me.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Kinda like that here. The knox police follow NO city limits for where they decide to sit an wait. They sit outside city limits in the county doing the sherrifs job. Years back i blew a bunch of crap to 1 of these city cops because he was not only blocking a driveway i needed to be in, but also the mailbox. He told me they could go anywhere in indiana as a cop. After he kept saying he was going to ticket me for this or that if i didn't leave..i called him a dickhead and left. In retaliation, he waited for me to get lil ways down the road and then come after me.
    I'm outside of Knox city limits, but inside the annexed nonsense.

I am pretty sure an officer in Indiana has power throughout the state. Doesn't excuse someone being an ahole though.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan

That is basically true.

Top Bottom