Vortex scope / Butler Creek scope cover question.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sheepdog Gear

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 2, 2014
    Jasper County
    Hey guys! I don't have the scope in hand, so I can't measure and compare it to Butler Creek's chart. I need to know which Butler Creek scope covers fit the Diamondback HP 2-8x32. Front and back. If anybody can help, I'd greatly appreciate it. Heading out hunting with this and need to get these ordered ASAP. Thanks!

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I'd make a set out of toothpicks and duct tape before I'd waste 30 cents on Butler Creek caps. Seriously. They used to make a good product but unfortunately they've gone to crap. Every Vortex I've bought has come with non flip up covers which I hate but they're still better than Butler Creeks.

That said, PM 42769vette, he can most likely get you the info you seek.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    There should be a fit chart on Butler Creek's website

That being said, get the Vortex scope covers. Built better and you don't have to be so exact on the sizes

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Here are the technical specs, including the dimensions, for your scope, once you click the "SPECS" tab on this page - Vortex Optics - Diamondback HP 2-8x32 V-Plex

Your ocular (eyepiece) bell is 1.69"/43.2mm
    Your objective bell is 1.54"/39mm

Following the charts listed on the MidwayUSA site, the one you'll need for the objective bell is the #13 listed here - https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1168106582/butler-creek-flip-up-rifle-scope-cover-objective-front

Following the charts, again on MidwayUSA, the one for the ocular (eyepiece) bell is the #18 listed here - https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1168145465/butler-creek-flip-up-rifle-scope-cover-eyepiece-rear

I've had no problem with the Butler Creek cover that I bought only three ago, even though they're not anywhere near the equal of Leupold's own "Alumina" covers that are basically the Rolls Royce of scope covers for their durability and esthetics; but the BC covers have been entirely satisfactory for my older model Leupold that won't take the Alumina covers.

If you're willing to spend a little over double for Vortex's own covers that are said to be superior to Butler Creek's, here's the link for the covers for the objective bell, and you'll need the 40mm covers - https://www.midwayusa.com/product/2...der-flip-up-rifle-scope-cover-objective-front
    Here's the link for their cover for the ocular bell - https://www.midwayusa.com/product/3...p-up-rifle-scope-cover-eyepiece-rear-40-46-mm

Above, someone mentions that Vortex will give you a set at no charge, so it might be worth a shot to call them and see.
    Vortex's CS is said to be top notch, so it would definitely be worth a try, and (of course) be sure to have your exact model written down so that send the right set.

Sheepdog Gear

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 2, 2014
    Jasper County
    Thanks for all the responses guys! I have some old Butler Creeks and I like them, but I do keep hearing the new ones are not the same. So, I'll go with the Defenders as Alan suggested. Thanks again!

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rudyjr
    Top Bottom