• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BowhuntnHoosier

Angry Old Conservative Fart
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    Terre Haute
    Just bought this scope from Cabelas. Bought it knowing Vortex is an American made product. While showing it to my brother he mentioned this sticker. Made in China. Whats up with this? I am sure its a fine scope but it just bothered me a little. Any incite would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

IMG_20161103_185517223.jpg

BowhuntnHoosier

Angry Old Conservative Fart
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    Terre Haute
    I was told they were made in America years ago. Maybe I misunderstood them. Like I said I am sure I will be happy with it just thinking when I bought it I was supporting American workers.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I was told they were made in America years ago. Maybe I misunderstood them. Like I said I am sure I will be happy with it just thinking when I bought it I was supporting American workers.

They are an American owned company, but just started manufacturing scopes in America about 6 months ago. The cheaper lines like the crossfire will never be american made.

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    Before any hate, Vortex makes great stuff and in my experience great QC. MOST scopes sold anywhere are from China, Philippines, or Japan. Kinda just the way it is.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    If you want a really nice American made scope, get a Leupold. If you want an inexpensive scope mostly made and assembled in America, get a Redfield. By mostly, I mean most of the parts. There are a few parts sourced from overseas.

Like Leupold, Redfields have a lifetime warranty and the same CS as Leupold, which is outstanding. Vortex is even better. You could drive a tank over a Vortex, send what's left of it to them, and they'll send you a new one, no questions asked.

That said, most of the money you paid for the Vortex stays right here. Their no questions asked replacement policy should tell you how little of the money goes to China.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    If you want a really nice American made scope, get a Leupold. If you want an inexpensive scope mostly made and assembled in America, get a Redfield. By mostly, I mean most of the parts. There are a few parts sourced from overseas.

Like Leupold, Redfields have a lifetime warranty and the same CS as Leupold, which is outstanding. Vortex is even better. You could drive a tank over a Vortex, send what's left of it to them, and they'll send you a new one, no questions asked.

That said, most of the money you paid for the Vortex stays right here. Their no questions asked replacement policy should tell you how little of the money goes to China.

Even Leupold gets some of their parts, and all their glass from overseas. They even say so themselves. 3rd paragraph down. https://www.leupold.com/about-us/americas-optics-authority/

trsowders76

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 2, 2014
    Bedford
    I have a few crossfire ii scopes and for the money they ate a great deal. I think you will be very happy with your purchase even though they come from overseas.

Top Bottom