• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Old Bear

Greyman Apprentice
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 19, 2016
    Newton County
    Vintage Savage Sporter that I believe is the 23A model that was produced between 1923-1933. It is between 90 and 100 years old and has the bumps and bruises you would expect, but wears it well. It is very accurate with standard velocity ammo but can hold its own with the high speed stuff. The original riser for the rear sight was lost years ago but was replaced with one I had laying around. The only other issue is light strikes on some ammo. It might need to bolt taken apart and cleaned or a new spring. It never bothered me enough to worry about. Comes with one factory 5 rd. magazine.

This has been my go to rimfire for many years and is one of my all-time favorites. I hate selling it but as I get older I find it impossible to use the fine blade sights in this. I now use a scoped .22 exclusively so this sits in the safe and needs to go to someone who can appreciate this vintage rifle.

Not interested in any trades at this time. PM with any questions. I’m in Newton Co but travel to Porter Co. several times a week. Not really looking to travel very far from those areas. Asking $125 for this old girl.

IMG_1711.JPG IMG_1712.JPG IMG_1713.JPG IMG_1714.JPG SOLDS

Last edited:
    Top Bottom