• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • joseywales7450

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    Carmel
    I'm restoring an old axe I found at my family's cabin. After taking off a layer of rust with some soda, I noticed there was a manufacturer stamp on it. It looks like too light of a stamp to photograph. What I could make out was "ELAMB". Has anyone heard of a axe/tool manufacturer named "ELAMB"? Just curious.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Haha just beat me to it.

Plumb made several different hand tools. Hammers and hatchets and stuff like that.

.356luger

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    martinsville
    I just rehandled a plumb from our cabin it was a boyscout model from what i can tell and my leather just came in yesterday so i cut out my sheath template and will probably sew it up tomorrow. I also 550 wrapped the upper portion of the new handle to help protect the "neck" and i think i got about 12-15 feet on it. I like the surface rust on mine and if you decide to wrap your handle let me know th wy i do it stays very tight on the handle.

1360686408.jpg
    [/IMG]

Last edited:

joseywales7450

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    Carmel
    I just rehandled a plumb from our cabin it was a boyscout model from what i can tell and my leather just came in yesterday so i cut out my sheath template and will probably sew it up tomorrow. I also 550 wrapped the upper portion of the new handle to help protect the "neck" and i think i got about 12-15 feet on it. I like the surface rust on mine and if you decide to wrap your handle let me know th wy i do it stays very tight on the handle.

1360686408.jpg
    [/IMG]

Very cool. I'll let you know if I end up wrapping it. Mine is awfully pitted so I am thinking I'll at least paint the head. It's a 2.5 lb axe head so I am think probably a 28" handle. Does that sound about right?

.356luger

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    martinsville
    Very cool. I'll let you know if I end up wrapping it. Mine is awfully pitted so I am thinking I'll at least paint the head. It's a 2.5 lb axe head so I am think probably a 28" handle. Does that sound about right?

Does it feel right in your Hand? Take the head to the store and feel it I'm a "big guy" 2.5 I would put on the step above a hatchet. That's a camp axe in my book a thing I would carry in my ruck as a staple.

On the pitted portion I would go to auto zone and buy some brake cleaner, Spray your axe down buy some jb weld if you are painting the head, and fill the pits in. In my eyes there isn't a damn thing wrong with a pit in An axe. Just a sign of passage from one generation to another.

Top Bottom