• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WETSU

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Here's a short video I made about the white pine, a remarkable survival resource, that can be useful year round. Learn up!

[video=youtube;M3sTNMsJTUg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3sTNMsJTUg[/video]

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    one of the biggest benefits to the white pine is the sap that comes out of it. especially in a survival situation. it's better than neosporin as far as healing and helping to keep infection out. it also has antibacterial properties ect. you can goggle it and see a lot of the old school home remedies made from it. white pines are awesome for all sorts of reasons.

indychad

Marksman
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    May 6, 2009
    Brown Co.
    Pine pitch or sap is an excellent fire starter. Also can be used as natures epoxy. Sap mixed with ash and heated produces a very workable, waterproof "glue". I love to gather the fat wood off of downed trees and carry with me. The roots will contain a fair amount of sap as well and tend to be brittle if down for awhile. When making spears, one make cordage and smear the ash mixture to further secure the cordage together. Cool stuff.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    And here I clicked expecting to see a Euell Gibbons Grape Nuts commercial...

[video=youtube;_XJMIu18I8Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XJMIu18I8Y&list=PL6vhQfPpb7sT4cC0wTvfcBKH mY3CzLBzH[/video]

All kidding aside, cool vid :yesway:

1861navy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2013
    The sap makes excellent glue as well, also nice to add some sap or twigs to homemade candles too. If you can get any, or feel like going through the work, pine nuts are good.

cbickel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 31, 2014
    Van by the river
    We had these in our backyard in my childhood home. I remember climbing them all summer long, getting the sap EVERYWHERE. Good times. Good to know about all sorts of uses from these things.

Top Bottom