Uranus

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Why?

If he'd been convicted, the conviction for an unrelated crime might have been an aggravating circumstance to justify a longer sentence. (Caveat: I have no idea how sentencing is done in Illinois.)

An acquittal on the coverup at least means that they have to use some other kind of corrupt practice to aggravate his sentence. (See: I do have a little idea how sentencing works in Illinois.)

;)

The shooter wasn't a defendant in the coverup case. Three other higher-ups were.

Imagine, if you will, a judge giving a sentence viewed as too light by activists the day after a not guilty as to the supervisors and their "cover up".

Nope, not going to let that happen.

All the factors aren't in the presentence report.

I predict the sentence will be one that no one, not even malcontents who are never satisfied, could call "too light". Facts be damned.

Last edited:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Everyone I know seems to be hung up on the "16 times".
    I try to tell them, if you shoot 1 time it's deadly force. What's the difference?

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    No federal charges.

WKRC TV Cincinnati: Feds won't charge Chicago cop convicted in Laquan McDonald's killing.

The U.S. Attorney's Office in Chicago said in a news release that the decision was made after consulting with the McDonald family and that the "family was in agreement not to pursue a second prosecution."

According to the release, prosecuting Van Dyke on federal charges would have been much more difficult than it was to prosecute him in state court because the burden of proof is far higher.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    No federal charges.

WKRC TV Cincinnati: Feds won't charge Chicago cop convicted in Laquan McDonald's killing.
    Wasn’t the “teen” whacked out of his head on drugs and carrying a knife? Funny how the article failed to mention that.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Wasn’t the “teen” whacked out of his head on drugs and carrying a knife? Funny how the article failed to mention that.
    Well duh, that's what they do.

I believe he was but if I remember correctly, the consensus was the full mag dump was considered a bit excessive by the membership here.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    He was. He also failed to follow instructions.
    Well duh, that's what they do.

I believe he was but if I remember correctly, the consensus was the full mag dump was considered a bit excessive by the membership here.
    You mean shooting someone while they are lying on the ground twitching might be excessive?

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Urimun
    Top Bottom