• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    To save everyone the details there is a baby boy in Colorado that some close family and friends know. Was born about a week ago with severe health problems. Today we learned that there is nothing more the doctors can do and he is expected to pass soon. He is resting peacefully in his mothers arms.

Please keep him and his family in your thoughts and prayers.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I can't even imagine. :(

Prayers sent.

BTW,

Taken from my wife's wall, a message to my youngest today: "On July 3rd, 1999, Your dad, brothers, sister and I were watching the fireworks in the park when you decided to join us – more than a week early – just as the grand finale started. Because of traffic, we had to be transported to the hospital in an ambulance. On July 4th, 1999, at 9:14 am, I was finally able to hold you and thank God for another perfect baby. On July 20th, 2000, I was in the kitchen making lunch when Shane screamed for me to come quick, something was wrong. Witin 5 minutes, you died in my arms. Paramedics were able to bring you back until we got to the hospital – where we lost you 2 more times. You were transported to the PICU at Riley Childrens Hospital on a vent. That first night, after giving us a short tour, your nurse asked if I had any questions. I asked if my baby was going to die. She said “oh sweetie. He’s already gone.” They thought that I wanted to keep you going just until Grandma & Grandpa arrived. Nearly everyday for 5 weeks, doctors, counselers, even a priest begged me to let you go. I couldn’t. You see, when I walked into your room, with all the tubes and machines, I FELT God there, in the room with you. It took along time, but once again, God let me hold you and thank Him. You’re now 13. Your doctors were amazed when they told me that you had NO lasting damage. You’re going into 7th grade, athletic, play the sax,catch those big bass, follow your brothers around, annoy your sister and try me and dads patience. And I’m still thanking God for letting us keep you. Happy Birthday Gorgeous! — with John-Michael Hickman."

There is always hope.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    As the old hymnal says: "I am but a stranger here, Heaven is my home"

The child will know the glory of God after only one week on earth. Hopefully the parents can take comfort in that. Be sure the docs let the parents hold the child when they remove the life support.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    I have been posting comments on the Facebook page but that's about it... Really hard on the family. Saw some pics of the little guy.

We lost our first child a few weeks into the pregnancy... Still get choked up about it... Can't imajine what they are going through.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    God can do anything!!! Just because the doctors say there is no hope, doesn't mean God believes that!!! That's the difference between doctors and God...he doesn't think he's a doctor.........I'm praying now, and will pass along the request. God bless the family, and that precious baby.

drysdaleg

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    I don't pray much. But as a father of a little boy I understand how difficult that could be. I get upset if Im not the one to lay him down at night. I can't even imagine the pain that family must have felt. Ill make this a special prayer for that family. You have my deepest condolences.

strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    Prayed for him and his family. I hope he is baptized.

i believe little ones are baptized in something much more powerful than water. Grace and mercy will prevail my friend. although i do understand your thought process having grown up catholic

jake

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    i believe little ones are baptized in something much more powerful than water. Grace and mercy will prevail my friend. although i do understand your thought process having grown up catholic

jake
    That is what our human nature would have us think when we look at a newborn baby, but that is not what the Bible teaches us. If you want to go further into this matter and you believe in the Bible's teachings, just send me a private message. I pray that this newborn and his parents are given strength in mind body and spirit, as well as, true Peace.

strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    That is what our human nature would have us think when we look at a newborn baby, but that is not what the Bible teaches us. If you want to go further into this matter and you believe in the Bible's teachings, just send me a private message. I pray that this newborn and his parents are given strength in mind body and spirit, as well as, true Peace.

oh this could be fun. i will be messaging shortly

jake

Top Bottom