• epsylum

What's going on up here?
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    AND....?????? :dunno:

hehe, I think subconsciously I left everyone hanging on purpose (I'm kind of an ass like that).

I have only shot a few .45acp carbines to compare it to (Marlin Camp and H&K USC), but it had noticeably less recoil than either of those. It had almost no muzzle rise and the best way to describe the recoil is sort of a neutral bump.

It was very accurate and handled pretty well, but unfortunately it didn't prove to be all that reliable. It worked great while clean, but after less than 100 rounds of shooting, it starting having issues.

Marc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    District 6
    when you have a assault rifle that shoots a round 400fps faster that the ak47 you know you got an assault rifle instead of something that shoots a piddly pistol round. the .45 is slower than the 9mm but contains more knockdown power where the 9mm gets to its destination faster. and in a pistol cartridge if you want both the go with the .40, speed of a 9mm power of the .45 best of both worlds

Last edited:

RonPaulSupporter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 26, 2008
    I think the test with the MP5 is kind of pointless. How does the rounds ability to knock down a steel plate really relate to it's lethality on a human target? I understand they're pointing out the difference in energy transfer to the target, but still, I'm pretty certain a 9mm JHP will do the job, and you'll have WAY more rounds if it doesn't.

ashylarry

Expert
    Rating - 90%
    9   1   0
    May 9, 2008
    Greencastle
    I think the test with the MP5 is kind of pointless. How does the rounds ability to knock down a steel plate really relate to it's lethality on a human target? I understand they're pointing out the difference in energy transfer to the target, but still, I'm pretty certain a 9mm JHP will do the job, and you'll have WAY more rounds if it doesn't.

That and there was the one shot on the target with the 9mm then when they show the target after it gets knocked down with "1" .45 there are about 5-6 marks on the target :)

nobletucky

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Central Indiana
    Make a nice deer rifle!!
    That is an awsome mechanical design to reduce recoil.
    Good find. I'll wait for the 50cal model to arrive.
    The host is annoying w/ his dramatic form of speech.

tcshooter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    and the absolutely BEST part of this weapon is....they have been designed/developed in that ultra-liberal gun-hater land we call Washington D.C.!!! That is absolutely ironic and hilarious to me!!!

Britton

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Knoxville
    They are $1595.00 retail. We are the exclusive dealer in Indiana and just happen to be the largest KRISS dealer in the US. I will be at the INDY show the 24th through the 26th with several KRISS rifles, (If they don't all sell out before then.) I just might have a post sample machine gun with me if ATF cooperates. I also have orders in for SBR's with threaded barrels and suppressors designed specifically for the KRISS, but it may be a while before they come in.
    I have shot the rifle in full auto and semi-auto, yes there is very little recoil and at 1100rpm it is very fast. I am also an approved/trained KRISS armour if you have any questions. There are several police agencies in Indiana looking at the machine gun for their swat/entry teams, just need my sample to demo to them. :(
    Please stop by and introduce yourself if you make it to the show. I don't know exactly where I will be set-up, but I will be the only exhibitor with the KRISS system so I should be easy to spot.
    Thanks,
    David.

Top Bottom