• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ol' Huff

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    I really like film noir and "hard bitten" detective movies. Chinatown is one of my favorites. I always hope for a good series to come out in that vein but they generally end up as a recycled police procedural.

That said, Veronica Mars was one of the most awesomely dark pieces of TV and it was made better by the fact that it was a wolf in 90210 clothing. I think I'm going to re watch the series.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    My sister is a huge fan of the series. She even donated to help get the later movie made.
    I have watched a few they were very well written.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Yes..then there is always Kristen Bell.

Yeah, there's always that. Not to mention she's hot chick that gives ugly guys like me hope. She married Dax Shepard... who isn't exactly David Beckham in the looks department.

Peter Potamus

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2015
    Indianapolis
    As a fan, collector & historian of film noir, I cringe at the notion that Veronica Mars might be worthy of consideration..... As for Chinatown, perhaps "hard bitten" but definitely not an example of noir.

MohawkSlim

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2015
    firing line
    I saw the title of this thread when I was scrolling down and thought, "My buddy ol' Huff is always talking about Veronica Mars. I better send him a link to this thread." Not shocked one bit when I opened it and saw you're the one that started it.

I'm sure Veronica Mars is a good show. But if I'm going to sit through an hour of mid-morning reruns my money's on the Gilmore Girls.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

Mad Macs

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    Veronica mars was a great show. I also donated to the Kickstarter to get the movie made. It's just too bad Kristen Bell is bat**** crazy about medical stuff. One month she's doing an article on holistic health and the next month you can't even touch her child unless you can provide a complete vaccine schedule for yourself.....

cromus

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    I also really enjoyed the show and the movie was a nice cap and send-off. It was pretty entertaining with a good cast.

Top Bottom