• ...and so much more!
  • Joniki

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NE Indiana
    I almost always get a delay after purchasing a firearm. I have decided to do an online VAF and apply for a UPIN. My most recent delay was several years ago.

Is there a time frame for a recent delay to do the VAF?

Last edited:

Joniki

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NE Indiana
    Dont be in a big hurry. I sent mine in January, and have not heard a peep.
    I'm not in any kind of a hurry. I have been getting delayed since they stopped waiving the background check if you had a LTCH. When I purchase from my LGS, I just wait the three days to pick up my toy. Gun shows are an issue if the dealer isn't local.

cbickel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 31, 2014
    Van by the river
    I'm not in any kind of a hurry. I have been getting delayed since they stopped waiving the background check if you had a LTCH. When I purchase from my LGS, I just wait the three days to pick up my toy. Gun shows are an issue if the dealer isn't local.
    I got mine 3.5 months after I submitted everything. However, I was a part of a class-action against the .govs for my erroneous denial. That sped me up, I think. This was in 2017.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in

That's kind of where I am with it. I forgot I had one pending until I saw this thread. I guess I just figured if they can get the answer in 3 days when I am delayed, I wouldnt think it would take 6 months to get the answer for a UPIN.

Joniki

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NE Indiana
    That's kind of where I am with it. I forgot I had one pending until I saw this thread. I guess I just figured if they can get the answer in 3 days when I am delayed, I wouldnt think it would take 6 months to get the answer for a UPIN.
    The FBI's website says they are processing VAF's from January of 2021.

Joniki

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NE Indiana
    The FBI's website says they are processing VAF's from January of 2021.

Top Bottom